| Feet in the sand |

" I like you "

Icarus did not say a word . He had heard Apollo's confession quite well , he simply chose not to reply . He did not pretend that he had not followed either , you know how people cover up their nervousness underneath a " p-pardon ? "  . 

" Icarus I like you . A lot , if I must say " he repeated himself . 

" I heard you " he told him to which Apollo's  instant response was " oh " . 

" Why do you like me ?" 

Apollo stared into oblivion , thinking of so many things that he could say right now . He had known Icarus for about half a year now and it was the first time they were both going to discuss their real feelings . 

He could tell him how he fell in love with those alluring and irresistible ocean blue eyes , that he would love to be lost in . Or perhaps the way his golden hair fell on his forehead and it was Apollo who would part them and kiss his temples . It could be because of the way he spoke about all the things he felt passionate about like poetry , art , and his entire perception on the world norms and structure . It was unique and Apollo greatly appreciated that .

How adorable he looked when he would lay his head on Apollo's lap and hold his fingertips , and whine and complain when Apollo would not play with the beautiful curls . Apollo knew exactly how Icarus would mutter in his sleep on rainy afternoons that the two would spend together , a book lying open with pages flying , and a cup of lukewarm coffee . And the rain pouring outside .

Maybe when his fingers would effortlessly move on the piano keys and Icarus would sway around the empty room , the music pleasing to his ears .

Or probably the way they would sit under the thousand luminous candles , on a starry night with the feet in their sand . They would often spend time on a nearby deserted beach . During the day , they would fetch pretty sea shells , build sand castles and swim amongst the unstoppable waves . But after cherishing the sights of numerous unforgettable sunsets , they would sit at the shoreline , allowing the waves to wash off the sins . Washing away all the innocence and never even coming back . They would sit there feeling one with the strong chilly breeze , fingers interlocked , and admire the cherubins far away .

Sometimes Apollo would softly hum his favourite song and Icarus would rest his head on his friend's shoulder and Apollo would comfortably tug him closer . They would admire the stars , planets , and the wide , ever expanding galaxy which both of them were an irrelevant constituent of . When they were together they would be oblivious to all the chaos of the world and find their own peace within each other's presence . The universe had been making sense to them, lately . 

" I like you because you are you " he placed his hand on the sand , lifted some thousand grains of sand in his fist and released them like in an hourglass . Icarus drove his index finger deeper in to the sand . He did not look very satisfied with the acknowledgement . 

" I want to tell you something " he started . This time he did not look Apollo in the eye . Apollo , meanwhile beheld that he convulsed faintly and his fingers were shivering in his palm , out of distress . 

" yes...?" half-asked , half-stated Apollo . Icarus felt Apollo's hand on his thigh , affectionately caressing it in order to comfort the terrified and trembling boy, beside him . 

" Look " he breathed " I am not like everyone else , okay ? " . Apollo patiently listened to what the boy wanted to convey . Icarus thought he was losing his coherent speech . 

" This time last year , my father noticed my abnormalities  and he took me to this man uh a psycha-psy ... " 

" psychiatrist " Apollo helped him out . 

" yes and he speculates that I've bipolar disorder. I mean I don't know if I truly have it , but all doctors say so . The symptoms were pretty obvious though . I would stay up night after after and despite that my energy level in the morning would be very high . I would have unpredictable moodswings, my depressive episodes he says. There are these horribly bitter medicines and pills I have to intake which claim to improve my condition but I don't feel any better to be honest . I am still the same nervous wreck , the same old mess who cries loud at night " . At this point Apollo's touch had taken the shape of a firm grip on his thigh and Icarus winced in pain . Apollo mouthed a soundless apology .

Icarus continued , " Why would you want to be with me , why would anyone want to be with someone like me ? " he would not put up a faux attitude and supress his tears . He collapsed on Apollo's chest , hand holding on his broad shoulders . He clutched his shirt and nuzzled in his chest . He placed his head adjacent to his rib cage inside which his heart beat in a rhythmic pace . Pearl like tears fell down his face like thick melting wax . Apollo massaged his back continually , kneaded his neck and rubbed his wrists and fingers . Icarus did not stop , neither did Apollo ask him to . He cried , digging his nails deep in to Apollo's skin , seeking the support he needed . 

" there are a million reasons I can give you right now, you know . But just know that you make me feel special, you complete me , and I am glad that you are a part of my life , yes . Icarus I don't like you , I think I am in love with you " . This was their lucid monent between insanity . 

" I- " Icarus choked on the air , coughed and hiccuped from his prior crying . Apollo smiled as he wiped the tears off the boy's face . 

The boys were standing in the middle of a forlorn beach . Icarus stood on his toes , his hands wrapped around Apollo's neck . Apollo's loving eyes were like hallways , echoing Icarus's name . They were gazing into the profundity of his pious soul , penetrating the mere earthly flesh . Everything in the surrounding was stationary , time was frozen . They just stood there , feet in the sand .

Word count: 1034