| Your name on my book |

Icarus wasn't prepared . He didn't know how to appropriately respond to that sort of a greeting considering who it was coming from . The same boy was standing right in front of him , inches away . The same boy with the hazel eyes mixed with sunshine .

Hi , can you hear me ? "
he repeated himself , giving Icarus a sheepish smile , waving his hands in the air .
This time Icarus was both embarrassed and flustered . He looked up at the boy who smiled softer this time , in attempts of comforting the younger lad . Icarus stared back cluelessly into the captivatingly amiable eyes of the stranger . The brown eyes that were in an eternal eclipse , sunsetting upon their own melancholy . It was perhaps the eyes that Icarus fell in love with . The angelic crimson eyes and that charasmatic smile . God . 

" Well you see - "
he begun in his distinct deep voice but however was cut off by a train of various sounds coming from afar . By the time they were near , both the boys knew who they belonged to . Icarus' once brightened up face fell at the sight of his friends . That was indeed an oxymoron . 

" what is going on ? "
inquired Helen , a stern expression on her countenance , making a firm grip on her friend's hand . She wasn't really waiting for an explanation or justification from the boy . Achilles was standing beside her , arms crossed and Patroclus tried his best to keep him calm . 

" Look there's a misunderstanding , there's just one thing I want to say , that's all . I wouldn't take up much time . Hear me - " 

" we never said we were interested . Don't try to talk to our friend again " stated Achilles , rudely .

Icarus wanted to protest but his words wouldn't come out against his friend . So he did what they wanted him to do . Leave . 

He left leaving Apollo constantly trying to tell him just one thing . But he wasn't supposed to listen . It was  bound to be something humiliating and Icarus was no way going to be a subject of bullying while his friends were present . However one part of his mind still believed maybe Apollo was going to tell him something .... nice to say the least . 

" What was he saying ? He was definitely bothering you , I could see it on your face ! "
stated Achilles . 

" you didn't even allow him to start so yeah "
he mumbled . 

Helen laid a hand on his shoulder , and the unwarned physical contact made him jolt for a fraction of a second .

" You wanna be friends with that boy we can all see that . You were blown away by his brilliant piano and he was reading a book , and our Icarus would certainly love to make friends with someone like that but he's not what meets the eye "
she explained . 

" yes , like have you seen his brother ? Ares once tripped me during class so that he could have some entertainment "
said Achilles sarcastically . Patroclus nodded in agreement . 

" that was his brother , not him "
he was inaudible " maybe he isn't like that " .

" we can't bear to see you hurt , Icarus . We love you , okay ? We love you a lot "
said Patroclus . 

Icarus smiled to himself . He loves them more . 

" Goodbye , see you tomorrow "
he waved when he finally reached the front door of his abode .
Ahh it was good to be back home after a long tiring day of hardwork . And Icarus was eager to cherish evening , wrapped within the warmth of a blanket , a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in the other . He freshened up a bit , washed off the fatigue from his face and arms . He changed to comfortable clothes and now we are good to go . He sat up on his bed , back leaned against the grey wall and head supported against the open window sill . 

He couldn't hold the excitement of reading a new book ( a third one this week , may I add ) and opened the very first page . 

Happy 18th birthday dear Apollo . 2nd June 2018 . Love always , mum . 

That was what Icarus saw on the initial page . 

" That was what he was trying to say that entire time ; oh my God I should've listen to him just once . What do I do now ? " he panicked . 

Meanwhile , in his room , Apollo reacted quite contrary . He smiled to himself . On a more positive note , Icarus would get to read the poems that were pieces of Apollo's heart and individuality and reciprocate the feeling he had felt while reading them . He wanted to feel Icarus's fingertips running all over the pages . Apollo wanted Icarus's name on his book . 

Let me preserve the tears 
That elude your magnificent blue eyes 
Let me carry them to your eloquent lips 
where they breath for one last time and die 
Let me hold your fragile hands 
assure you it is just another lie 
Let me kiss you in the springtime dusk 
and pretend you're mine 

Word count : 818