"B...but...." she uttered before bursting into tears. 

"Dear, please don't worry about everybody. I'm sure they'll be fine," reassured Meredith who went and sat down next to the delicate faery. 

"I...I'm sorry," she whispered, "Is anyone else staying with us?" 

Moira, Ruby and Gabriel all promised to stay with her as the rest of the group prepared to head out into the cold to find out what was going on. 

Those that were capable of moving at high speeds travelled together, leaving the rest to travel by car.  

It was the first time Lilly had the chance to fly outdoors. It was truly liberating, even more liberating than when she'd first made the change into a mountain lion. Swooping up and down between some of the grandest trees in the forest, she squawked happily, temporarily forgetting what was going on in her life, enjoying the moment of freedom, the wind rustling her feathers as she climbed higher and higher into the night sky, before turning to look down at the earth far below. 

Lights twinkled within the scattered houses below as the moon shone upon them. Lilly was startled when something large suddenly appeared, flying upwards. As it came closer, she smiled to herself. Sammy. It was dark after all, so he was relatively well hidden. 

She flew down towards him and together they continued their flight towards the pyramid, a structure which stuck out like a sore thumb in the landscape below. The sculpture of the golden eagle sat proudly on top of it. 

The two spotted the others gathered together several hundred metres away. December was gazing upwards, waiting for her friend's arrival. She held out her arm and Lilly slowed down considerably, landing directly below her elbow. December smiled proudly. 

"Do you want to change now?" she asked and the raven shook her head. 

"Okay, your clothes are in the car. Let me know when you need them." 

Lilly nodded her head forward and hopped up her arm so she sat comfortably on her shoulder. 

"I feel like a pirate," she whispered as Sammy chuckled. 

"Well, you don't look like one," said Jemima with Chris by her side. 

"Jemima you really should keep out of sight." 

"I'm fine, December. I doubt my father, or anyone else in there, will notice me, but I'll keep my hood up, just in case." 

"Right, I want you all to stay here while I go and have a quick look at what's going on," said Jo, leaving them, moving so fast you could barely see her until she stopped beside the entrance to the pyramid. Peering around the structure, she watched as hundreds of men stood with their backs to her. They were looking at a woman at the front, sitting atop her golden throne, smiling. 

Suddenly, the woman flicked her hand and every man in there fell to his knees before falling to the ground. Jo scanned the crowd for her fiancé but he was nowhere to be seen, neither was Zoltan or Walter. 

"Come in, Josephine. Don't be shy," said a powerful female voice with a hint of laughter. 

Jo scolded herself before she stepped out into the room. 

"Calliope," she said confidently. 

"Yes, I am Calliope. And you're Josephine, Jo for short, daughter of Wyatt and Sonya. Only child. Vampire, I believe. Oh and lest I forget, fiancé to Carmelo. I met him earlier. Nice guy, for a vampire," she said with a glint in her eyes. 

"Where is he, Calliope?" 

The woman laughed, "Oh we'll get to that later. Have some patience. Now, come closer." 

Jo made a quick decision and ran at lightning speed towards Calliope but the moment she became close, she slammed into what felt like a wall, an invisible force field. 

Falling to the floor with a thud, Jo crouched, looking up at the woman. Her eyes had turned a bright blood red colour and fangs protruded from her full lips. 

"There's no need to become nasty, Josephine," giggled Calliope, watching the vampire's temper increase tenfold. 

"There is every need," she snarled, "Look at what you've done to our town..." 

Calliope glanced around at the sleeping men innocently, "Why, whatever do you mean? These men are simply sleeping. They've been having a marvellous time with me. I haven't made any of them do anything they didn't want to do," she laughed. 

"Then what about the poor man you killed?" 

"That was very unfortunate but not of my doing. He should have been more careful crossing the road. Silly man," she replied, pouting. 

"He died because of your....your spell." 

"Spell? I am not a witch, Josephine." 

"Then what the hell are you?" 

Again, Calliope threw her head back and let out a girly giggle. 

"I'm amazed none of you figured it out by yourselves. Not even Carmelo knew. I am a Nephilim." 

"But the Nephilim are trapped in caves," answered Jo, confused. 

"Not all of us. Some of us escaped," she smiled. 

"There are more of you?" 

"Of course. Like I told Carmelo, we are creatures of high intelligence. We figured it out." 

"How? How did you escape?" 

"Josephine, I am growing bored with all of your questions. I thought we might have been friends but I think I've had enough of you... for now." 

With another flick of her wrist, Jo was propelled high into the hall, up onto the next level and away from sight. Calliope pouted for a moment but she sighed out loud and yelled, "Sustenance." 

The same man who had helped her into her robe, appeared with a tray of food and a goblet. 

Calliope took the tray from him, dismissed him and proceeded to engorge herself on large chunks of meat, occasionally gulping from the goblet. When she looked up again, her face was covered in blood.  

Lilly had watched it all. Perched atop the golden eagle, she had peered downwards into the pyramid below and watched in horror as Jo had been lifted like a feather and hidden away before the beautiful woman had fed like a wild animal, bits of raw meat flying in all directions as she helped it down with a goblet of blood. 

Lilly quietly lifted her head and pushed out her wings, lifting herself high into the sky before turning towards her other friends who waited patiently below. 

Landing on December's arm, she nodded avidly to her. 

"Do you want your clothes, Lilly?" 

The raven nodded once again so December walked to the car, taking the items out as Lilly transformed discreetly behind a tree. Shivering, she put on the clothes as fast as possible before she joined the others. 

"It's bad... really bad," she whispered. "I think we need to head back to the house and work out a plan." 

"But surely all of us can do something here?" asked Sammy. 

"No, Sammy. Listen everyone. This woman is powerful. She is a Nephilim. We must return home and come up with a plan." 

Everyone gasped and nodded. 

"Wait," said Crystal, "what happened to the others?" 

"I think they're okay... for now. Come on, let's go."