Chapter Twenty Two

"Ate Ly." Sa gulat ni Jho, nabitawan niya ang hawak na picture frame.

"Omg!" The glass frame was broken and Jho immediately cleaned it up.

Nilapitan siya ni Alyssa. She put aside the broken pieces of glass and took the picture.

Jho slowly looked at her, waited for her reaction.

Kinakabahan siya sa totoo lang.

She's afraid on what Alyssa will say or react and afraid that she might sense that Jho's investigating her.

"Does this man in the picture looks familiar to you?" Alyssa asked.

"Maddie's dad, right?" Jho gulped.

Alyssa chuckled. "It's so weird how my parents were so close to him before and then now, kalaban na natin ang partido niya pulitika."

She looked at Jho. The latter doesn't know how to react.

"Close pala sila nina tito Ruel?" Jho pressed on the topic.

Alyssa nodded and continued to clean up Jho's mess. "Apparently but it was a long time ago."

She sighed. "Iwan na natin ito dito. Ipapalainis ko na lang."

She stood up. "Tara." Alyssa offered her hand to Jho.

Jho look at her hand before looking at Ly. "Thanks."

The day ended with Jho wandering what could Alyssa's relationship with Wilson be.

And if her parents were close to him then bakit ngayon, hindi na?

O baka naman hindi lang alam nila Jho?

Is Alyssa hiding something from them?

That's how Bea and Jho's lives were for the past months. Full of questions. 

Unanswered ones.

It's been months and Jho and Bea were busy with their own jobs and investigations that one weekend, Jho planned a trip for the three of them, including Clyde, to a private resort.

"Let's swim! Let's swim!" Clyde tugged Bea's shirt and pulled the latter as they enter the resort.

"Sandali. Teka lang, Clyde." Bea said as she struggled to carry their bags while Clyde's tugging her.

Jho had to chuckle. Upon getting the room key, she approached the two and carried Clyde.

"Nangnang, let's swim naaaaa." Clyde continues to nag.

"Yes, later baby. We just have to unpack and eat first, ok?" Jho said.

When they have entered their own villa, Clyde immediately climbed on the bed, jumped and played with his toys.

Bea and Jho was watching him.

"Kanino nga nagmana tong bata to?" Bea asked Jho.

Jho chuckled. She carefully smacked Bea's face. "Sayo."

She proceeded to the veranda to check the view. She had to smile. They had the perfect spot. She breathed in some fresh air and closed her eyes.

Bea followed her after awhile and sneeked in her arms around Jho's waist, backhugging her.

Jho chuckled. "Yung alaga mo ba tumigil na sa pangungulit?"

"Sabi mo nga sakin nagmana so of course he hasn't." Bea said.

She let go of the hug at tinabihan si Jho. "He's enjoying his daddy's iron man toys."

Bea breathed some air. "This is nice. It's been so long since we had this kind of peace."