Chapter Sixteen

Weeks have passed and Jho has been busy with all the transition and preparation for her inauguration and start of term.

Si Bea naman ay may sariling inaasikaso din and been busy with Clyde and assisting Jhoana whenever she can.

Their relationship has progressed, you can say as that, but nothing is official yet. They haven't really had time to sort it out.

Inauguration day.

"Bey, dapat naka-long gown ka ganun para talagang first lady ang dating." Ponggay joked while waiting for the program to start.

Bea, who is wearing a simple dress, looked at herself. "Puro ka kalokohan."

"Ayan na anjan na sila." Ella, who came from the back, settled beside Bea.

On cue, the master of ceremonies greeted the crowd and music started to play. After some monologue, she finally presented the officials to be inaugurated.

One by one they started to walk down the aisle. They started from the councilors and then Alyssa with her parents was next. Last but not the least was Jho, who is wearing a simple filipiniana, and is in between her parents.

Bea stared at Jho. Bigla siyang kinabahan at tinaasan ng balahibo while Jho's walking down the aisle.

For a moment, she saw Jho wearing a wedding dress. She has to shake her head to be back on reality.

"What was that?" She took out a breath.

When Jho was by their row, she waved at Bea and Clyde, who is on Bea's arms.

"Nangnang." Clyde waved back while Bea chuckled.

The ceremony was so solemn. Bea is too proud at Jho while watching her take her oath.

"Ako, Jhoana Louisse A. Maraguinot, na nahalal bilang alkalde sa bayan ng Alitagtag.."

Bea put out her phone and take a video of Jho.

She zoomed it in and it was a coincedence that Jho was looking at her thru the phone's cam.

"I promise to be true to you in sickness or in health. For better or for worse. Till death do us part."

Bea blinked her eyes a couple of times and stopped the video. She looked at Jho who is on the stage.

"... ipagtatanggol ang kanyang Konstitusyon, ipatutupad ang mga batas nito, at itatalaga ang aking sarili sa paglilingkod sa Bansa. Kasihan nawa ako ng Diyos." Jho ended her oath.

Nagtaka naman si Bea. She drink up some water.

"Kulang ba ako sa tulog." She whispered to herself and shook her head again.

Everyone started to clap and so Bea joined too.

"Ngayon naman po ay ating pakikinggan ang unang mensahe ng ating bagong mayora." The MC announced.

Jho smiled when she approached the podium. "Magandang umaga po sa ating lahat." She exhaled and looked at her family.

"Merong laging kinekwento ang mga magulang ko sakin na nung bata raw ako, tinanong ako ng titser ko kung anong gusto ko paglaki nagulat siya kasi ang sagot ko mayor." Natawan naman ang ilan.