---] Chapter 11 [----

George!" Dream yelled, his masked eyes widening. George laughed, looking back at the egg. The egg seems motionless, light blue fire licking up the sides of the eggs.

"Hey Dream, watch this." George grinned, turning back toward the other. Dream glanced back at the blood-colored egg for a split second before looking back at the brunette. George was crouching over the lava, it's soft glow illuminating the brunette's features. Dream's heart started doing the usual when around the other, which was skipping and fluttering like crazy. That same heart started to speed up as he watched George reach his hand into the molten lava, a smile still evident on his face.

Dream rushed over, gently pulling the smaller away from the half-liquid, ending up having the other fall unto his lap. "Are you going mad?!" He panicky yelled, looking away from the laughter in the other's caramel-colored eyes. Dream, stressing out for the state of his companion, looked at the hand previously submerged in the liquid rock.

The hand, still intact, had no signs of injury, causing Dream to freeze and look over George's hand multiple times. All while this was happening, George was snickering into the hand not being held hostage by Dream's gaze. "Please explain." Dream mumbles, letting go of the brunette's hand and looking away from the body holding him down to the ground.

"The blood dust causes whatever it's in or on to be unable to harm any living thing. Thus, putting it in the 'Dragon Chamber'" George informs, waving his hands around. "And the egg needs to be warm enough to hatch, soul fire is hotter than regular fire." He adds, seemingly knowing what Dream was going to ask.

Dream's brain finally caught up to what was happening, registering the fact that George was laying in his lap. His heart jump-started, beating faster than ever before. Slightly pushing the brunette off, he crouches and runs a hand through the lava. An idea sparks in his head, albeit a slightly stupid one.

"What if we put a bunch of the dust in, like, an ocean? Would it be able to drown us? Will the ocean things be hostile?" Dream questions, side-eyeing George, who still sat on the ground. The brunette's eyes widened, looking at his masked friend. They both end up laughing, or in Dream's case, wheezing.

The laughter died down almost immediately when a small cracking noise was heard, slightly echoing through the chamber. George gasped and shuffled closer to the egg, quickly putting out the fire underneath it. His eyes sparkled more than the night sky without a cloud to be seen, causing Dream's neverending onslaught of butterflies to start an uproar in his stomach. The cracking started to speed up, sounding like a lit campfire. Small noises that could only be described as half-chiros could be heard from the crackling egg.

The cracks became louder, and pieces of the shell fell from their place to the ground. "I hope they survive this," George says, a slight sadness clinging to his voice like honey.

"What do you mean?" Dream questions, looking at the brunette in front of him.

Not taking his eyes off of the egg, he replies, "Dragons are very protective, and the egg is abnormally large. All the signs point toward this one being a runt, and probably not going to get bigger than a tier 1." Dream hums, noting the slight dark atmosphere around George, hidden by his excitement.

The egg, a small circle cracked around it, pops open slightly, the chirps becoming louder and more frequent. George hesitantly reaches forward and slowly lifts off the top of the egg, setting it down a bit aways. The chirping stops, and the egg starts rocking, a small shadow is seen through the eggshell. George gasps, causing the newborn to start doing a sort of half-purr. The brunette slowly reaches in, pulling out the creature without any issue.

"She's beautiful. What should we call her?" George murmurs, watching as the mini-dragon, the size of a small house cat, flopped around. Her wings were way too large for her body, and as Dream noticed, her deep red scales only seemed slightly developed.

"It's a blood-red color, so something to do with that?" Dream stated, in awe at how much adorableness could be in one spot at the same time.

"Her name is Crimson," George said, holding out his hands to pick the baby reptile up. She squeaked, headbutting George's chest and giving off the low purr-like growl.

"How do you know it's a girl?" Dream asked, looking intently at the tiny beast. George placed Crimson on his lap, now facing Dream.

He pointed at her horns, "Female dragon horns curve more, while males usually have straighter horns." He explained, petting the newborn. Moving closer to the blond, George tried to place the tiny lizard on the other's lap, only to find she rushed back to the smaller.

Crimson huffed a small dark column of smoke billowing out of her nostrils. Her golden-amber eyes narrowed into slits as she observed Dream, her stare judgemental. George laughed, looking away from the small dragon on his lap to his masked friend, "She doesn't like you."

Dream grumbled, standing up from his crouched position. "Okay, fine. Do you need anything, I assume you're going to stay a bit." He half-questioned, half-stated. George hummed, looking up at the derpy smile, "Food, preferably raw meat, there should be some in one of the chests. Oh, also some of the baked potatoes left in the furnace."

Dream nodded, heading off up the path while George played with Crimson.

-------------

[929 words]

{Edited}

Thanks for reading!!!