----] Chapter 2 [----

George opens his eyes, expecting the brightness of the sun to blind him, or at least the light blue of the sky. What he didn't expect was a white derpy smiley mask, with a greyish yellow hoodie covering the rest of the person's head.

George kicks the person in front of him down, quickly sneaking his hand into his pouch, grabbing out the flint dagger. As adrenaline pumps through his veins, he puts the dagger up to what he assumes to be the person's neck. At this point, George is on top of the other, his non-dominant hand used to hold back the other's arms, while his dominant hand pressed the questionably-crafted flint dagger to the 'intruder's' neck.

"Jesus Christ, why the fuck were you-" George said, his heart still beating quickly. "Who are you?" He questioned, the dagger faltering slightly away from the mysterious person's neck.

The other person seemed to not be affected by having a dagger to their neck and responded, "Dream, I guess. Can I get up now?"

George still felt uneasy, as you would when you wake up to someone in a mask standing over you. He got off of the masked man, never putting away the small flint knife. "Thanks, but did you seriously have to do that?" 'Dream' stated, his voice questioning.

"Yes." Blankly responding, George broke his bed and the crafting table before packing them away into the pouch. Dream looked over George's shoulder, his face visibly showing that he wanted to say something. "What?" George snaps, getting uncomfortable under the questionable gaze.

"You gonna speedrun it with me?" The taller says, the smile on his mask copying his smile.

"What? Do people speedrun this? But, why? No way... " George stumbles over his jumbled thoughts to respond to the other.

Dream pauses for a bit, "Wait, what were you going to do instead?" Seeing George take a deep breath, seemingly getting ready to explain, he adds, "Nevermind, probably going to get boring anyway."

George huffs, walking in the direction of a large plains biome, hoping to find a nearby village. Dream heads the opposite, starting on his quest to get out of this world and into another.

________

George trudged through the plains, coming across a few mobs that had spawned through the night. He had an unpleasant encounter with a witch, her twisted voice cackling as she threw a potion of Slowness. The potion caused him to walk even slower than normal throughout the rest of the plains. George's mood soured even more as no village, no dungeon, and not even ruins came into view. The most interesting thing in the large grassy biome was a small dragon's nest, probably a tier 1 dragon, as concluded by a small skeleton by the nest.

George, albeit begrudgingly, started heading back to spawn. As the familiar area came into view, he noticed a small entrance to a cave he hadn't spotted earlier. 'Remind me to explore that later' he commented to himself.

________

George stood in the middle of the clearing a few days later, his mouth dry, and his appetite larger than the dragon Dream ran from a few days ago. George had turned on the message board option in the small menu everyone had, and witnessed Dream, having a stroke as he ran, the other's voice was heard even with the distance.

_________

"Woah, that's a large dragon." Dream observes, voicing his thoughts. "Wait. It's looking at me, can it see me?"

"Probably, not gonna lie," George responds, his voice heavy with boredom.

"Oh hey. What's up?" The other asks, before interrupting George's response with "It's coming closer!" Turning off the board, George's laughter stopped him from the duty he bestowed upon himself.

_________

George's eyes sparkled as he admired the small two-storied cottage amid the clearing. The back of the building snuggled into the stone of the mountain. George had expanded the lake nearby, adding a small pond near the building, and a small stream connecting the two. George also added a dock in the lake, lots of vegetation around. Decorating the inside of the building was more difficult, the main color added was blue, the bed in the loft was blue, and the carpet on the main floor also blue, just a bit darker. The main floor had furnaces, a crafting table, and some seats in it. The part of the house snuggled into the mountain was used as storage, barrels scattered in it, snuck between the chests.

He turned and started on his way, his eyes caught on the half-explored cave. George bit his lip, his mind caught in an argument. He sighed, going into his cottage, grabbing a pickaxe, sword, unlit torches, a few matchboxes, some bread he made with a small farm, and a canteen full of purified water. With his gear ready, he headed down into the cave, searching for enough iron to make a whole set of armor.

____________

George climbed out of the cave, his feet aching, and his shoulder in the slightest bit of pain, as while mining out some coal, a skeleton had shot him from behind. He had run out of drinking water and his pouch had started to weigh him down from how full it was of cobble, coal, iron, and gold. As he walked to his newly built house, the sun was setting behind the mountain that cast his cottage in the shadows.

As George started putting the ores into the furnaces and lighting the coal in the underbelly of the furnaces, his house started warming up. His shoulder started bleeding more and he was reminded by the ping of pain to put bandages on the projectile's wound. As he was dressing the wound, his eyelids started getting heavier, in turn, he kept yawning every few seconds. As a result of his obvious exhaustion, he staggered up the stairs to the loft which contained his bed and promptly fell asleep on it.

Unbeknownst to George, who lay sleeping in the comfort of his own house, Dream lay sitting against the wall of a villager's house, a mile or two away. His mask lightly dusted with the ash he had to stumble through in the long and painful escape of a tier 3 dragon. His hoodie in his lap, as he stitched together rips in the cloth he managed to get jogging through painful thorns scattered throughout the forest near the village. As he stitched with some string he got after killing a spider or two and a needle he found in a chest of the village, his movements kept startling a burn on his side.

A small blue glow engulfed the hoodie, string, and needle causing a smile to appear on his face, unable to be seen by his mask. The glow subsided, leaving his hoodie without anything that could tell it was ripped in the first place visible. He started bandaging the burn on him as much as he could with the limited amount of bandages he found in the chest.

When the burn was slightly covered, Dream slipped on his hoodie and lay against the wall, even more, his mind slipping out of consciousness, and his breathing slowed.

----------------------

[1181 words]

{Edited}

Thanks for reading!!!