Chapter 10

Tris POV
My school day moves slower than usual, must be because I -may I say it- miss tobias. The final bell of the day rings and I jump out of my seat a little too fast. I head out the door and find my locker. I open it up and grab my things and leave. Tobias said at lunch to meet him in the alley after school, so that's what I do. He's already there when I get to the dark musty alley. "Hey." I say and he turns around. "Hey!" He says taking my hand. "How was your day?" He asks me. "Long." I answer looking into his eyes. I get lost whenever I look into them, so lost that he's the only one who can rescue me. "How was yours?" I ask back- since it's the nice and polite thing to do. He shrugs and says, "long and boring." I nod. "Want to walk home?" He asks in the silence that came over us. "Of course." I say with a smile. Still holding my hand we grab our bags. Then make our way into the streets. We talk about everything and soon as if time had sped up we arrive at my house. I look to make sure my parents or caleb aren't standing outside and I wrap my arm around his neck and pull him into a kiss.

A kiss of warmth and love. A kiss of kindness and purity. His hands are around my waist and I'm shaking- yet I've never felt more stable. Then I realize that it's him. The one I've waited for even if I didn't know it. He's the reason I'm here. He's the one I love, the one who will make my life complete.

We break apart and he stares at my with a smile. His smiles are shy and small, but they are whole. They are so precious and you can tell everything in that one smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow.." He says and I nod. He turns to leave but I grab his wrist. "Tobias.." I begin to say. His eyes reassure me that it's okay to say whatever it is I need to say. "I..I.." I stumble over the words. "I...Love you tobias." I say and there is a tremendous amount of weight taken from my shoulders. He smiles, bigger than I've ever seen him smile. "I love you too beatrice." He says and gently plants a kiss on my lips and walks away.