Chapter 71

Tobias POV
I lay on my bed surrounded my fellow initiates and complete darkness. I can hear tris's even breaths so I know she's asleep. But I can't, I try but can't. So many things are on my mind.

Tris.
I can't help but think more about what she told me today. How her fear changed right in front of her, how she had overcame that fear and it vanished. But then that makes me think.. Could I do that?? Could I overcome a fear and it could just disappear?

"Are you okay??" I hear tris whisper. I look over and her Grey blue eyes stare back at me, the same eyes I fell in love with. "I'm fine, just thinking." I answer. She gets up, she's only wearing one of my shirts so it shows off her legs. She walks over to my bed and slips in with me. She faces me and places a hand on my cheek. "Get some sleep. You need it." She says and kisses my opposite cheek.

She turns away and snuggles her back into my chest, I wrap my arms around her waist and hold her even closer. "Love you." She whispers before she falls asleep. I look at how peaceful she looks, how easily she can sleep. I never got to experience that, always ready to face Marcus at any hour.

Before I close my eyes and let sleep take me. I get it. I know how I'll conquer a fear and hopefully rid it from my landscape.