Chapter 89

Tobias POV
Tris and I headed back the dorms late last night, but chose to sleep in the same bed. This morning I wake to something I normally don't wake up to, nor do I ever hope to. Yelling.

Quite a bit I may add, many voices and yells coming from the echoing walls of the chasm. Tris soon stirs and sits up as well, wondering what could possibly be going on. I know this is one less thing she needs, especially since it's coming from the chasm. That's the reason I took her to the training room to talk last night instead of the chasm, because of the recent memories.

We both slip out of bed, the dorms are pretty much empty at this point, only scattered blankets and unmade beds. I grab a sweatshirt and tris slips on some small shorts. We walk out and towards the noise together, hand in hand. I'm tempted to pull her into my embrace, allowing me to make sure she's safe and knowing that she's with me. But I don't, I just simply hold her hand.

We get closer and you can hear the yells and loud talking of the dauntless people. The clattering of the metal pipes, all of the noises bouncing off the walls, magnifying the noise.

I spot zeke in the mess of the crowd and call to him, he runs over to me, his face full of fear and disbelief. "What happened?" I ask holding on to tris tighter. "Amar..." He says out of breath. "He's dead." His words hit me like a knife. He's dead. Amar is really dead. "What?! How?" Tris asks, her face just as shocked. "He jumped.. or fell." Zeke says and uriah runs over to us.

"Why?" I ask not really expecting an answer. The guys shrug and tris nuzzles her face into my side. "Zeke, uriah.. Watch tris." I say walking away from her. I elbow my way through the crowd of dauntless people, till I get to where I can see the bottom of the chasm. I stare at the stained pavement, coated in his blood.

Amar helped me, he 'cared' for me. And now he's dead.. Gone. I blink and walk away, but turning back.

(A/N: hey all! So sorry for not posting till now.. On vacation and didn't have time to write or update!! Little change but hopefully okay! Luv to all!❤️)