Chapter 3

Tris POV
I feel bad for running into tobias. But I apologized and he said it was alright.

I catch up with caleb and we head home. "How was school!?" My mother exclaims when we enter the house. "Fine." Caleb answers and I agree with him. "Why don't you two go get washed up for dinner. Your father will be home soon." We head up the stares quickly but not loudly. I go into the bathroom and stand against the wall. The bathroom is just like all the other rooms- almost bare and plain colored walls. I wash my hands and dry them with a towel, then head back down to help set the table. "Hello beatrice." My father says as he enters the house. "Hi." I answer back. Caleb soon joins us and mother brings out the food. We find our seats at the table and begin to eat. "How was your day caleb?" My father asks and I reach for some bread. "Fine." He replies. "Anything interesting happen at school?" My father asks. Caleb thinks for a moments, "not really." He says taking a bite of food. "Hmm." Father says to himself. "Beatrice.. How about you?" I shake my head. "How was work?" My mother asks my father and they whisper back and forth. I can't make out all they re saying but I know some is about Marcus, and then the other factions. Caleb and I excuse our selfs to go bring all the empty plates and bowls to the kitchen.

"Have you made any new friends?" Caleb asks me in the silence. We've only been in school for about 3 months now. "Umm.. I've made a few. Not many." I reply. "Yea. Same for me.. Who was that boy you were taking to on the walk home?" I think back to him. He was quite handsome if people took the time to look. "Oh.. That was tobias. He's in my homeroom but I was taking to him because I bumped into him." Caleb nods.

When we all go to our rooms and lay down for bed, tobias suddenly pops into my mind. I don't try to think of something else, so I allow the thoughts of tobias to stay.