Ch. 8

(so uh the voting thing didn't really work as well as I thought it would have and I just realized I'm not that comfortable with showing my face so I'm sorry to disappoint those of you who were looking forward to it. Also WHAT THE EVER LOVING FJDSIUHFIDUSHFUIDSHFUDSHJKFNSJKEFDUS WE'RE [ALMOST] AT 12k READS W H A T)

...Huh.

That's...odd.

Usually you would train/fight at this time, not that you're complaining though.

You used this time to rest as much as you could. There was a bathroom that was available to you shortly after you set your schedule. Now would be a good time to wash up.

You stepped inside, a rather nice bathroom compared to the place you were sleeping in.

The toilet sat on one side and the bath/shower was on the other. A mirror and a sink sat in between, a small step stool tucked underneath. You pulled out the step stool and looked at yourself in the mirror.

Your (s/c) skin was covered in dirt and sweat. Your (h/c) locks were wildly tangled. Your face was less chubby than you remembered it to be. Deciding to take a bath you hopped off the stool, coming into eye level with the sink. 

Were you always this tall? You couldn't remember.

You turned on the warm water as you removed your clothes and undergarments. Stepping into the bathtub, you turned off the water once it reached just beneath your shoulders. 

Grabbing the soap bar and loofa, you rubbed the two together after dipping them both under the water. Using the loofa to first gently scrub your face, then your neck, arms, chest, etc. You winced a little at some of the bruises or cuts that you went over.

Surprisingly enough you didn't need help reaching your back, you stretched after each fight so you would become less sore the next morning...long story short, you learned this the hard way. 

*timeskip*

Now fully dried and wearing a fresh set of clothes, you sat on the floor of the prison room, thinking about ways to try and escape. 

The door opened abruptly, causing you to go into a defensive pose.

A larger, beaten and bruised body was thrown across the room, slamming into the wall. Not long after the door closed, leaving you and the mystery alien in the room.

You were unsure if you should approach them, see if they were alright.

...but at the same time, you didn't wanna risk getting attacked from them.

You were hesitant at first, slowly creeping towards the figure.

He let out a low groan, slowly rising from the ground as he held his side. 

You froze at his actions, not expecting him to get up so soon. He was wearing the same raggedy clothes as you were, and with a thin metal band around his neck. He had pale hair, toned skin, dark markings, pointy ears, and...floating horns?

He opened his eyes to meet yours, the sclera (white part) a coal black which framed his somber orange irises and his slivers of pupils.

His pained gaze turned into a softer look, a small smile adorning his features.

He said something, but you couldn't quite understand what he was saying. You tilted your head in confusion as you watched him grumble a bit, tapping a button that was on the metal band.

"これはだいじょぶですか?" He asked, which you stayed silent in response. "。。。ドンマイ。。。" He pressed the button a few more times before speaking again.

"...How about now?" You perked a bit after you understood what he said. You walked closer to him and started looking at his markings, tracing some with your hands.

He let you do your own thing as he chuckled from your response and actions. "Hello there, little one." He spoke in a gentle voice. He was being extremely cautious as to not scare you from the looks of it.

You smiled back and replied with a "Hii". You noticed that some of his wounds were still bleeding, so you ran to the bathroom, running a tattered rag under warm water before giving it to the stranger.

"Thank you..." He took the rag from your hands and pressed it to one of his wounds. "...Before anything else, my name is...Varian. What is your name?" He asked you.

"...(Y/n)." you replied, sitting on the floor in front of him. "(Y/n)...I think it suits you." He replied, his smile slowly turning into a frown. "...You look awfully young. How old are you?"

You sat in silence, thinking for a good three minutes or so. You shrugged since you never really kept track of time here. "...5 I think? I don't know."

"That's horrid. Why would the Galra keep you here?" He asked. "...Galra?" You repeated the word, unfamiliar of what it is. "Those purple creatures that keep you here." You remembered the time that you spent on the last airship, before you met the Paladins and before they rescued you. How those monsters stole you away once again.

"Not Galra...monsters." You responded, your smile shrinking. "Bad creatures, I miss Keef..."

"...Keef? Is he perhaps someone related to you? Or does he take care of you." He asked. She nodded at the latter. "He cares for me, like Pidge, Lance, Hunk, daddy, and mommy do. Corn too."

"They sound wonderful." He smiled as you listed them off. "I too have a family I wish to get back to. My younger sister, who happens to be a lot like you." He reached out and pressed your nose lightly at the last word, causing you to giggle from the contact. He chuckled a bit at your reaction as his hand retreated. 

"Her name?" you asked. "Lillian. She's a few years older than you, and most likely is hiding on some distant planet with our mother." He sighed, wiping up the rest of his injuries. 

You yawned a bit, showing how tired you are. "Go to sleep, little one. I'll clean myself up." He stood up, bending a little bit as to not hit the ceiling. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door. 

You got comfy on the floor as you closed your eyes, a little happier knowing you wouldn't lose your mind alone.

(check out my art book to see what Varian looks like but in B+W)