Chapter 8:3

Pamela waited a couple more hours, then she paged Will.

He was laying on the bed in his hotel room. His pager beeped, and he looked at it, seeing a code that he told Pam to use if she ever had an emergency and needed him. He looked at it for a while. Then, he called her.

"Hello?" Pam's voice was smooth.

"This better be a fucking emergency," Will barked, knowing that it wasn't.

Pam rolled her eyes and sighed. "Well at least you still care. Will, I promise you I will never cheat on you. I didn't do anything."

"If you didn't notice before, I'll tell you now: I don't believe you," Will said.

"You never had any problems believing me before."

"That's because I felt obligated to, but now that I see that all you do is fuck-in' lie, I don't believe shit that you say!"

"Can you please just hear me out? Do you think you married a ho? I feel disrespected at the fact that you even think that I would cheat."

"I feel disrespected at the fact that you had some nigga in my house, lied to me about the shit, and prolly fucked him. Which friend is gonna come over while I'm at work, with a suit on and roses and shit? Nigga stayed hours over there. You must think I'm some bitch-ass nigga. You lucky I didn't burn that fucking place down."

"Does that make you feel better? Talking all that nonsense? 'Cause it doesn't change the fact that I didn't do anything wrong, except not telling you that I started therapy. His name is Doctor Stewart Thomas. He's a psychotherapist. I had just met him yesterday. We only spoke over the phone to schedule a session. He came over yesterday and we talked about my mental health. He brings a rose to all of his patients when he first meets them. Can you come home, so we can talk?"

"I ain't tryna see you right now, Pam. I'll call you later or somethin'."

"Well, where you at?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. You see how that feels?"

"You made your point, Will. Call me later. You're the only person I've ever slept with, William. You think it would be that easy for me to give a part of myself to someone else? To trust another person with my body, especially with how my mind has been lately?"

"I'll call you later," Will said plainly. He then hung up.

Pam called Isaac and told him that she spoke with Will. She told him he was still mad but told her he would call her. Isaac felt better after hearing that.

                                 ●
After another day, Will went home. It was 7:00 in the evening. He opened the door and Pam was laying in the couch.

She sat up when she saw him and motioned for him to sit. He sat down a few inches away from her.

She looked at him, cringed, and said, "Eww, you smell like sweat. You could've at least showered, babe."

Will didn't say anything. He didn't even look at her. He was leaned back in the couch, staring at the ceiling.

"I didn't cheat on you. You always satisfy me. Why would I wanna cheat? And even if you weren't keeping me satisfied, I woulda told you. I wouldn't seek it from somebody else. You should know me better than that," Pam said.

Will responded, "So let me get somethin' straight: If you was at work, and you came home and found out that while you was at work, a woman came over here, dressed up real nice, and she stayed here for hours, and when you came home, you didn't see any signs of someone being here, and I hide it from you, you would be cool with that?"

Pam was quiet.

Will mumbled, "Exactly."

"Okay, I can admit it does seem a little funny, but it's not what you think. Honestly, that man is my therapist, Will. Look at me, I wanna look into your eyes."

Will slowly shifted his gaze to her. He purposely stared hard. He wanted to read her, to feel if she was being truthful.

She scooted over to be close to him, then she cupped his face and looked deeply into his eyes. "I will never cheat on you. That man is my therapist. That is all," she said.

He slowly nodded.

"Now you look me in my eyes, and tell me you believe me," Pam demanded.

Will looked into her eyes and said, "Yeah, I believe you."

"You ate?" Pam asked him.

"No."

"You ain't eat nothin' at all? In two days, Will?"

"Nothin'," Will responded.

Pam got up and walked to the kitchen to prepare dinner. "Go wash up, babe!" she slightly yelled from the kitchen.

Will stood and walked up the stairs. He undressed and took a long shower.

After they ate dinner, and were laying down in bed, Pam said, "You'll meet the therapist soon."

"Word?" Will said with a bland tone.

Pam rolled her eyes and fluffed her pillow. She was facing him, while he lay flat on his back.

She slid her thigh across his abs, and kept it there. Will slid his hands on her butt and rubbed it through her silky shorts. It's all about trust, dawg. It's all about trust, he kept reminding himself.