Chapter # 5

'I wish we could have met. At least once. I am not great with words like you, but thank you for your notes. They have done more than you can imagine for me. But, it seems like we are not meant to be together. Not in this life. I am getting married.'

I put the note in my Hotel Management book. I know he only put it there so I put it here and left my classroom because I know that if I stay or watch from outside, he'll never come.

'But, before I leave. Please show me who you are. I want to see you once, please. I want to know the person who encouraged me when I lost my own identity. Whoever you are, come to me.'

Since I don't have any friends, I decided to take a stroll around, praying that he will come.

I came back and was about to take a step inside the classroom but someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"What-" I raised my gaze and saw the topper of our University and the ruler of the heart of most girls; Jayden Roseville.

Oh my God, I can't believe it was him. The star.

His Raven hairs seemed so soft when flowing along with the wind. He took me to a corner and turned to me and looked at me with his enthralling blue orbs.

"Jayden Roseville?" His muscular form was emitting rage. My heart skipped a beat, I used to admire him from afar and used to hope that he'd never end up like me.

I can't believe he is in front of me, eyes narrowed and filled with fury. He is so beautiful from close up.

"What's the meaning of this, Rebecca?" He hissed.

"Are you the one who left notes in my book?" I asked hesitantly, taking a step back, still not believing he is before me.

"Yes. I did. What do you mean by getting married?" He asked sternly, refusing to believe this.

"What you heard. You are too late to reveal yourself. Nothing can be done now." I replied, looking away.

"You could have come once. I sought you but you were nowhere." I whispered, wanting to say what I always wanted to say but it's no longer the situation.

"I am still not. I was never near you, your worth is much superior in my eyes." He whispered, eyes scanning my form.

"How can you talk in-depthly?" I asked, narrowing my eyes in dejection.

"They reach my lips without my will, the condition of my worthless heart perhaps?" He chuckled, but the sound was filled with pain and sadness.

"It's too late now." I said with difficulty.

"You are not happy with your marriage, aren't you? " He asked softly, taking a step closer.

"My happiness never mattered, Jayden." I replied in the same tone, averting my gaze.

"It does. To me at least. Please, Rebecca, I love you." He confessed as my heart began to beat louder than any echo. My eyes widened as I stiffened. I haven't heard this word from a guy for years.

"You have hexed my heart ever since I first saw you. An emotion I have never experienced before, your very presence became my solace." He said desperately, blocking my way.

"Tell me, how am I supposed to leave your path when I offered it my everything?" His voice broke in between, putting his hand on the wall, narrowing his eyes in extreme woe.

"Then where were you all this time?" I asked as my lips began to quiver, I turned my head and looked at him. He was standing too close to me.

"I saw your smile. I was afraid that if I come, it won't disappoint you. You smiled for me, by my words, that is all I ever desired." He whispered, smiling exquisitely, locking his eyes with mine.