Chapter # 1

...If you are a rose, then I want to become a thorn so that I can protect you from all the abhor of this world...

A smile crept upon my lips when I read the sweet note in my book. I lift my sapphire gaze while tugging a strand of my raven hairs behind my ears searching for the one who wrote it.

"Who could be kind enough to send me this?" I asked myself.

It's been six months since I have been receiving these notes. Like every once in a week, there's a note in my book with something sweet written on it.

I have been searching for that guy ever since the first day but I couldn't find him. He just left the note magically in my book and left without leaving a trace behind.

"Why did you do it when you don't intend to reveal yourself huh?"

'But, these are my salvation, the only other thing which made me feel loved after my sister Marianne.'

I sighed deeply and shook my head.

"Just where are you?" I mumbled to myself as I stood up from the garden of my university.

I'm Rebecca Morris, I'm 25 years old. After completing my Masters, I enrolled in a hotel management university because I'm really looking forward to a life in hotels.

My father, Dayle Morris is a successful businessman owning Garnet Enterprises, based upon the name of my dead mother.

'Well, actually 'my' empire is labeled as his.'

My father never wants me to get a degree in Hotel management, he wants me to learn Business Finance so that I can help him in business but I prefer jobs over business so I pursued my dream.

But, none of this would be actuality if it wasn't for my beloved sister Marianne Morris, she is 28 years old, with the same looks as me but height a little taller than mine and having hazel eyes, A supermodel living in California.

She always supports me and loves me dearly and I love her too.

'If it wasn't for her I may have died with Jane, she gave me hopes for a better tomorrow or else I am still imprisoned in my nightmares.'

As loving sisters we are and how my sister made me feel that even if you stumble on your path, some act of kindness will always pull you up.

And at the same time my father, he who made me face the bitter reality of the world that if you fall others will crush you even if that person is your own father.

"Pathetic..."

Being nothing but a contempt to my father, is something I never want to become but after 'that incident' I felt scared to be number one.

When I lost my strength, he left me all alone in the dark. Trampling over the empire I built from the shadows at the age of 18 and owning as his.

'But. I am not complaining, I am never the one who cares for money so I don't mind but where were you when I needed someone's support? When I tried to halt the toxicity rushing in me?'

"Where were you when I needed you? When I was alive?" I asked in a dejected whisper.

Back again to the reality that hit me hard that I couldn't find this secret admirer for the past six months.

"Goddammit, what good hiding will you do? At least show me, I hold the ability to connect, prove me wrong for being an uncaring bitch." Muttering, I got up.

I even left notes in my books so that he could see them and show me his face. I waited for him countless times and at countless places but he never came.