Home

a/n: it's short im sorry ): but i promise to make the next one longer ( ˶ˆ꒳ˆ˵ )
*also soramafu are roommates

Mafumafu is sitting on their navy blue couch, a potato chip between his lips and Iroha on his lap as he watches some anime on TV. It was his day off, and so he spent the day lazing around his and Soraru's shared apartment. The door opens and Iroha startles from the noise, jumping from his lap and making her way towards the bedroom. He turns to see Soraru taking off his shoes. The words ''Welcome home'' dies on his lips as he takes in his roommate's appearance. Soraru's hair is a mess, his bangs out of place and his usually well-kept clothes are wrinkled. There's dark circles under his eyes and he looks really, really tired.

"Rough day?'' Mafumafu asks and Soraru nods at him, not really wanting to talk about it. Mafumafu doesn't pry, instead, stands up and walks over to their bedroom. "I'll get you some clothes. Go on and take a shower.''

Soraru doesn't say anything as he makes his way to the bathroom. Mafumafu takes some clothes out of Soraru's closet and leaves them outside the bathroom door on a chair. He then takes some pillows and a blanket from their bed and goes back to the couch and waits for Soraru to finish.

Soraru gets out of the bathroom wearing the white shirt and sweatpants Mafumafu brought him. He doesn't look as bad as before, but he still looks exhausted. Their eyes meet as Soraru enters the living room, and Mafumafu stares at him from the couch, a small frown on his face. Seeing Soraru like this is upsetting, and he wants nothing more than to place a smile on Soraru's face instead of the blank expression he's sporting. They both say nothing, mostly because Mafumafu has never seen Soraru like this, so he doesn't really know what to say, and Soraru doesn't feel like talking, just wants to collapse on his bed and sleep the whole weekend.

Mafumafu starts to think of anything he could say, but he is afraid he'd say the wrong thing and worsen Soraru's mood even more, he always had the tendency to do that, after all. So he settles on opening his arms instead. Soraru blinks at him, confused at his actions, and then he sighs. He walks towards Mafumafu and lets his body fall on top of him with a soft thump. Mafumafu immediately wraps his arms around Soraru, patting his back comfortingly. Soraru buries his face in the crook of Mafumafu's neck and inhales softly, breathing in the familiar citrus scent of Mafumafu's shampoo mixed with the smell of soap. His hands find themselves on Mafumafu's waist and he lets them settle there. He lets out another sigh and Mafumafu smiles.

Mafumafu's hands travel from his back to his head, his fingers threading through his hair even though it was still wet from the shower. Mafumafu didn't seem to mind as he continued ruffling Soraru's hair. The two of them say nothing, satisfied with the feeling of being in each other's embrace. Iroha comes back and settles beside them, as if wanting to join in, letting out a small meow before curling up into a ball and closing her eyes.

Soraru finds himself drifting off to sleep soon enough, warm and happy being in Mafumafu's arms. He's barely awake when he feels Mafumafu kiss his temple before saying, ''Welcome home, Soraru-san.''

There's a warmth in his chest and he feels like floating. And he realizes there was nowhere else in the world where he would feel like this, safe, without any worries even as breaks down all his walls. There's the feeling of belonging, and he smiles, because he feels at home, snug and comfortable in Mafumafu's arms.

"I'm home,'' He says and drifts off to sleep.

a/n: thank u for reading ( ˊᵕˋ )
stay safe ❤