Nepenthe

Soraru was usually calm. He wasn't the type to easily lose his cool and panic over random things unless they were serious or dire situations in which someone was dying.

This time though, his heart was hammering in his chest. He felt as if something was lodged in his throat and he couldn't speak. His hands were sweating terribly, and he wiped them on his pants, hoping that the white-haired male in front of him would be too busy sketching to notice him fidgeting.

Soraru was a music major, which meant that there was absolutely no reason for him to be in the Fashion Design building, but he just had to owe Kashitaro a favor and one thing led to another and now he was a model. Which was, honestly, a bad thing. Because one, he was really shy. How the hell was he supposed to face lots of people? He knew for one thing that the fashion shows the Fashion Designing students held once a month were sort of a big thing in their university, and that meant lots of people coming to see. They were going to see him. The thought alone ran shivers down his spine.

And second, he was going to model for Mafumafu. It would've been fine, except that Soraru had been harboring a crush on him for almost a year now, and Soraru had a hard time functioning when he was really close. It also doesn't help that the said male was now standing up, seemingly done with whatever he was drawing on his pad while Soraru was seated across from him awkwardly, and was now moving towards him.

Mafumafu smiled, his eyes disappearing into crescents and he was so pretty Soraru just wanted to die.

"Let's start by taking your measurements,'' he said, opening and rummaging through a drawer before procuring a measuring tape. "Would that be fine?''

Soraru merely nodded. He was never this close to his crush before, only admiring from a distance. He first saw Mafumafu at a coffee shop that he frequented near the campus. Mafumafu was working part-time, smiling widely as he greeted the customers and Soraru found himself enchanted by him as he sat on one of the tables, sipping his coffee. It was his hair that stood out at first though.  White was a rare hair color he normally saw on anyone, but he found that they suited Mafumafu's fair skin and red eyes really well, and honestly, who was he to judge? He was elated that he went to the same university as him after finding out from a friend, but he never really acted on his feelings, opting to just watch from afar.

He stood up, and Mafumafu asked him to spread his arms. Soraru did as he was told. "You know, I was really relieved when Kashi-san introduced me to you. My usual model, Luz-kun, said he couldn't make it this time as he was busy and I was on the verge of losing my mind looking for another model,'' Mafumafu told him as he curled the measuring tape around his waist, and Mafumafu was so close. Dangerously close, that Soraru had to suck in a breath before saying, ''Well, I'm glad I could help.''

"Thanks, Soraru-san. You're a godsend.''

Soraru could only smile. When Mafumafu had asked him to model for him two days ago, he couldn't really refuse. The white-haired male looked so stressed and looked at Soraru as if he was his last hope. Soraru wasn't mean enough to deny an angel's plea.

Mafumafu pulled away and scribbled Soraru's measurements on a paper, gushing about how his waist was so small and slender and Soraru could only blush.

"How do you know Kashitaro anyway? He's older and you both have different majors,'' Soraru said, ignoring the way Mafumafu's hands brushed against his chest when he measured his bust.

"Oh, he's Amacchan's boyfriend. Amacchan's my best friend, and they've been together for a few months now. You should see them together. They're so in love with each other it's disgusting.'' Mafumafu pretended to gag and Soraru chuckled.

That made sense. Soraru haven't met Kashitaro's boyfriend yet but the male always talks about him, so he could easily imagine them to be the type of couple that's openly lovey-dovey. "Still, they're so cute though. It must be nice, loving someone and being loved in return.''