It's no use. I could feel myself beginning to tire. As much as I hated to admit, Hisoka was a good fighter. My usual run-and-knife tactic wouldn't work on him. I needed to change up my strategy. I noticed that he only moved after I had begun an attack, therefore his reaction time was fast. He also didn't make any unnecessary movements, thus conserving his energy. For what? It's not like he's going to fight.

If I was going to land a hit, I'd have to bait him. I knew I couldn't change directions halfway through an attack, or he would definitely notice. Therefore, the only way was to use myself as a decoy, and strike front on, then follow through to the side. It would be risky, considering I'd have to guess which direction he'd dodge.

But what if he attacks me? No, that was unlikely. From what I've found out so far, he wouldn't hurt me. He was 'keeping me alive' until the 'right time' for god-knows-what he had planned out. I'll use this against him. I'll make him sorry he ever said that.

I took a deep breath, getting myself together. This had better work.

I darted towards him again, this time, with a clearer objective. In previous attacks, I had been wary, and kept my distance, in case he countered. But now, I pounced towards him, closer than before. It's all or nothing. I slashed at him viciously with my left hand, purposefully freeing up my right.

As expected he reacted immediately. Right. I took a guess, mentally crossing my fingers. With my throwing arm, I released the knife in the anticipated location.

My heart soared with an evil glee as I saw Hisoka collide with my blade. The knife had made a rather deep cut along his side. An expression of disbelief momentarily came over him. Not smiling anymore, are we?

However, he recovered quicker than expected. "Sweetheart, you are so cute." He smiled. "I see, you want to play serious."

I take that back. How the hell is this clown still smiling?!

Hisoka ~

Glancing down at the fresh, bleeding wound in my side, I was slightly surprised. Kira had baited me. She knew full well that I wouldn't hurt her and she used it to her advantage. Damn it! She played me.

But I was the magician here. I calmly drew out a card, holding it between my two fingers. "Let's have some fun then, shall we?"

Without waiting for her response, I charged at her, swiping at her repeatedly with the sharpened card. Of course, I wasn't trying to cause any serious injuries. It was mainly just to startle her, which clearly worked.

She immediately switched to defensive mode, as her Nen tightened around her. She focused on dodging my attacks, gradually retreating backwards.

She can't hide forever. She's going to run out of space.

I could tell she was beginning to tire. She hadn't fully recovered from the Felen venom yet. With a scratch that deep, any normal person would've been paralysed for weeks. I was surprised she could even walk, let alone fight.

I'll end it here. She needs to rest.

With that, I threw the card at her, intending to throw her off. Oh, shit. That's too close. I cringed slightly, as my card grazed her right arm. But I couldn't really stop now. What's done is done.

Taking advantage of the split second of hesitation, I lunged sharply towards Kira, pinning her to the floor. Expectedly, she started to struggle. I already had the precautions in place. A look of confusion came over her, as she realised she was stuck to the ground. I love Bungee Gum.