Chapter 12

Scarlet POV

"Matthew Webb we're going to be late!" I screamed up the stairs. Ugh, Brett has this anniversary party tonight it's going to be pretty calm no drinking or anything so we're taking Jazz with us. Strangely, both myself and jazz were ready before Matt. He quickly ran downstairs fiddling with a tie and pecked me on the lips. I pulled his hands away from his tie and calmly adjusted it so it was perfect. "Ugh why are you better at this than me?" He questioned. "I dunno. Maybe it's because I've known you too long to know you won't ever learn how." I smiled and kissed him before turning to put my shoes on. I stumbled with one of my heels and fell directly into Matt. We toppled over with me lying on top of him. He moved my hair out of my face and gave me a long passionate kiss. I got up off of him and went to grab my shoe but he was faster. "Matt give me my shoe back!" I said jumping for it. "Nuh uh" he said mockingly. I sat down and pouted. He walked in front of me and got down on a knee with the shoe in his hands. "For my Cinderella." He smiled and slipped it on before pulling me up and kissing me, his arms around my waist and mine around his neck. I pulled away and we got into the car.

___________________________________________

Still Scarlet POV

We got out of the car and walked in, Matt carrying Jasmine and I was carrying my dress I had to put on. We walked in and I was tackled with a hug. "argh guys-can't. Breath." I gasped. "Te three guys let go of me and I took a deep breath. "God damn you guys almost messed up my dress." I smoothed out the package. "Where's Kim and Megan?" I asked. "Upstairs." Mike replied. "Yeah but before you go I get to give you another hug because I don't get to see you everyday like these losers." Brett said. I laughed and gave him a quick hug and ran upstairs. I only had my hair curled but not styled so this should be fun with Megan on makeup and Kim on hair touch-ups. "I'm heree" I called running in. "Makeover party!" Megan squealed! They pulled me in and Megan covered me in dark blue eyeliner with silver eyeshadow and maybeline-rocket black mascara with a touch of bright red lipstick. Kim took my curls and pulled two front strands back and pinned them leaving my bangs and one curl up front. Now for the best part I smiled and unzipped the bag with my dress.

Josh POV

"So what's Scarlet's dress like?" I asked. "I don't know" he chuckled. "She wouldn't tell me or show me." I laughed slightly. Scarlet seemed to have drifted away from me slightly for the last couple weeks. Kim and Megan walked down and stood at the bottom of the stairs. "Ladies and Gentleman." Megan said acknowledging Brett's wife Cassandra as well. (A/N I don't know Brett's wife's name at least I think he's married but ya don't hate me) "we present to you." Kim looked at Megan smiling. "Scarlet Webb!" They said together. Scarlet appeared at the top of the staircase in the most beautiful Dark blue dress I've ever seen. It fell just above her knees and was thick strapped but was kinda like a tank top it had a silver belt lining around her waist. "Wow" both Matt and I gasped. "Uh you guys" she giggled. I looked around to see that all six pairs of eyes including me, Matt, Mike, Ian, Brett, and Cassandra were staring at scarlet who was turning cherry red. She walked down the stairs revealing her blood red heels. I chuckled silently. She was never one to match completely. She giggled again slightly and walked up to Matt who was the first in the line of 6 we were in and pecked him on the cheek. Next she walked to me and did the same then Mike, Ian, and finally Brett. She walked up to Cassandra and have her a tight squeeze. It's hard to remember the last time they saw each other. I looked to see we had all snapped out of this daze we were in. "Well didn't somebody put effort into their outfit." I smirked. "You're all a big bunch of losers." She laughed. "Pfft. You love these losers." Mike said walking up and putting an arm around her. She shook him off and walked over to talk Megan, Kim, and Cassandra and the rest of us just sat down watching tv. Matt held jazz who was fast asleep. He hadn't been letting Scarlet do any chores since she got back to her old self and that included taking care of jazz.

___________________________________________________

Still Josh POV

We were standing in the living room talking and laughing when scarlet finally walked over to me and held my hand intertwining our fingers. "Hi Joshy." She smiled looking up. "Hey princess." I smiled leaning down and kissing the top of her head. "Can I talk to you upstairs for a minute?" She said her face dead serious. "Yeah of course." I replied smiling. We walked upstairs me ahead of her but I was able to see her quickly turn back and look at Matt as he looked at her worried. We walked into the master bedroom and I closed the door behind her. "What's up short stuff?" I asked. She sighed. "Josh" she said looking down. "No matter what we'll be best friends right?" She said looking up with tears in her eyes. "Yes scarlet no matter what ever happens." I spoke softly wiping a tear off her cheek. "Promise me." She said firmly. "I promise. But why?" I asked. "Josh. I- I don't know how it happened. But Joshy, I'm sorry. I d- don't love you anymore." She said quietly looking down with tears slowly falling. I just lifted her head and smiled. "I know. Sweetie I know and it's alright. Matt's amazing and you know that just as well as me. I know you love Matt and I know he loves you. Don't you understand scar? I've known this whole time I could never have you. Not since little Jasmine showed up. That was how long? Seven months? But sweetie I'm still here. No matter what happens in life I'll always be your Joshy and you'll be my princess because as it was called five years ago, you are joshies princess. But you don't need to hide anything from me anymore." I smiled and she stood there shocked. "B- but how did you-" she stuttered a bit. "Ever since that day Matt carried you out into the pool Mike's been acting strange and he was the one who had gone upstairs to find you guys. Matt's acted a lot more mature but he's also been happier. And Hun you've been avoiding me as much as possible and have been glowing with smiles and giggles and laughter." I smiled and she hugged me tight. "I love you Joshy." She said. "I love you too princess." I said pulling her away and wiping her tears. "Good thing Megan used the waterproof eye makeup." I smirked. "Oh hush I should get you to do my makeup considering you do it yourself everyday and wear more than me." She said laughing. "That's better. I wanna see you smile from now on ok?" I said smiling back. "Let's go back downstairs." She said. Turning to the door. "Okay but at least don't always make out in front of me I mean that's just plain awkward." I said laughing. "okay but will tonight be an allowance?" She said smirking. "Fineeee" I pouted. "Love you Joshy." She said and stood on her tip toes, pecked my on the lips, and walked out.

Scarlet POV

I walked back downstairs in a glowing smile and josh followed. We were once again in the living room having a great time when two strong arms wrapped around my waist and Matt's head rested on my shoulder. "So I'm assuming things are all good then?" He whispered. I could hear the smile in his voice. "Mhmm" is all I replied with. "Getting cozy now are we? Josh better watch out." Ian laughed. Josh looked at me with a smile and nodded. I turned my head to look at Matt and kissed him long and passionately. Our lips moved in sync as I turned to face him his arms still wrapped around my waist and mine around his neck with my back arched backwards a little bit. I pulled away smiling. When I turned around everyone stood there jaw dropped. I burst out laughing and so did josh and Matt. "Wh- what just happened!?" Brett exclaimed. "I'll tell you what happened." Mike said stepping forward. "Scarlet's fallen for Matt just as Matt has for Scarlet and I've known for two weeks now and Josh was told just a while ago and seems to have taken it amazingly." He stated smiling. "And I don't know about you all," Josh spoke up, "but I think it's amazing that they've developed a loving relationship towards each other." He turned to look at both me and Matt smiling and I wrapped an arm around him just as he did to me and I held Matt's hand tight. Suddenly everyone burst out into a huge applause and I even saw Megan tearing up. I looked up at Matt who was looking around the room and smiled. This was bound to be the start of a beautiful relationship.