Chapter 24

Scarlet POV

"Okay wait you do WHAT with Fries and ice cream!?" Both Josh and I were crying from laughing so hard. "No seriously! You just dip the fries into the ice cream and eat it! Just do it!" I laughed. He cautiously ate the French fry dipped into ice cream. I couldn't help but laugh at how freaked out he was. "Well!?" I laughed. "It's.....good?" He said slowly. We both burst out laughing and I fell backwards off the couch which only caused him to laugh even more. After we had both finally calmed down he helped me up onto the couch. I watched as his crystal blue eyes clouded over into sapphires and his face going dead serious as he looked into my eyes. He looked and I know what he saw. I know because whether he remembered me or not he saw what nobody else could. "Josh..." I whispered. I knew there was a part of him that remembered me. "Where have you met me? I looked at you and saw that pain when I didn't recognize you. When I see you, I know there's some place I've met you before. Please, just tell me." He said not tearing his gaze from me. I took a deep breath. "We met...a very long time ago." I could tell him he's my best friend right? No. Yes. Do it. Don't. Okay. "I was 10 years old," okay I guess the truth isn't an option. "It was 11:48 PM. I remember every detail of that night. I was sound asleep when I heard my mom shouting. Calling for me and my sister to get out. I woke up and crawled out of bed. I opened my door and the light blinded me, heat raging from all corners of the house."

*FLASHBACK*

"SCARLET! JULIA!" I heard mum call. "Hmm?" I mumbled but none the less climbed out of bed. I opened the door and stumbled seeing the light. My eyes opened up wide when I saw the fire. I didn't know where to go, I couldn't see anything! I felt tears start to fall from my eyes. "MAMA! DAD!" I screamed. "Scarlet! Scarlet where are you baby!?" I heard my dad call. I ran out clutching my teddy bear and saw him running towards me. He picked me up without saying a word and ran out to the front of the house. "Scarlet be a good girl okay. It's all going to be alright. Stay here honey." He said frantically running back in to the burning house. Then I noticed it. It was hard to make out in the flames but I saw the car, smashed into the side of the house almost nothing but ash. I heard it all. The blood curling scream. The crash of the staircase chandelier. I knew much too well whose scream it was. "M-m-mama." I ran towards the house and just barely glanced inside to see her stumbling out from behind it when I got pulled back. "MAMA!!" I screamed. When I turned to face a brown eyed boy. "MATTY!! MAMA! H-help." I whimpered as he picked me up and held me against him. "Scar listen to me okay. You have to stay right here. DON'T MOVE. I'm going to get help." He said sternly looking into my eyes. Matt ran off and I stared at the house tears streaming from my eyes. Fire trucks and ambulances swarmed over the area and soon enough I was being embraced by a long haired, blue eyed boy. "Hey princess. Shh. Calm down sweetheart." He was rubbing my back and keeping a tight grip around me. There was another scream, this one of Julia and I watched as more firemen ran into the burning house. Hours after, 4:17 AM, the fire was finally stopped and I watched still standing in the protection of Matt and Josh, as firemen carried out each one of my family members and placed them onto gurneys waiting with the paramedics. "Now they'll make them all better!" I said smiling softly. But my smile vanished as I watched the medics place white cloths over top of each family member. The Arrived police officer walked up to us and began to talk to Matt and Josh. "And she is?" He asked. "She's the youngest daughter of the diseased family." Matt said. "Well you know we will have to place her into foster care. Now that there is no living relative." He said and I back away hiding behind Matt. "She can stay with me. I'm 18, own a house, it's suitable living conditions and i've known her since she was born. I AM her family." Matt said a matter of factly. "Well it may take some time..but I guess it's a reasonable option..." I officer said slowly. Josh leaned over and whispered something to the officer. "Sabotage, deliberate, murder." That was-was on purpose. Everything began to go dizzy and the last thing I saw was Matt's face frown in worry.

END OF FLASHBACK

"That was the day I met you..." I said softly looking at the couch. Really, I had known Josh the entire time but I can't tell him that. Tears slowly started falling from my eyes. "I-" Josh began. I looked up and saw tears also in his eyes. Not a second after that I felt his warm lips pressed up against mine. Once he had pulled away my tears had just stopped. "Sc-scar?" He said looking blank for a minute. He was remembering something. Remembering me! "Josh?" I reached out and touched his arm. He jumped but acknowledged me right away. "Hey so maybe tomorrow I can come hang at your place, I hear you have a band setup." He said smiling weakly. "Yeah we do. I'll text you the address unless you'd like me to pick you up, we could grab Starbucks than head over?" I knew he was trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah sounds great!" He walked me to the door and gave me a quick hug. "See ya later scarlet." He said waving. "Bye Ramsay" I replied walking off.