Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

I shudder. Now I know why this Pack is so well-managed, why you could never do anything illegal without someone knowing about it. It must have all gone back to Noah, and his magical ability he could never explain to the masses.

"Fitting," I breath. "If he's such a good Alpha, why not let him stay here?"

"Ultimately, it's up to you both. But you belong in my Territory, your home," he remarks, the faintest hint of a smile willing away all the trauma he has put me through thus far.

"Why did you mark me like this, if it's my choice," I ask flatly.

"Fear. Had I not, Cian could have done anything to you. He may be your mate, but I have no doubt his pure-blood instincts are begging to...hurt you," Stace says uneasily, knowing this would upset me. Cian fell into our relationship head first, with a dramatic will to make me his mate. I can't help but wonder if that fades, if he gets over the initial love and lust, he will begin to realise who I truly am.

"You don't know that," I reply softly, looking down at my hands. All I know, is that despite my doubts, I don't want to believe Cian would do anything to hurt me.

Stace loosens a breath, grimacing. "I don't, but my suspecting is enough. I marked you, so if he took you away, if he hurt you, I would sense it. That mark allows me to track you, know where you are at all times...it's very powerful."

"Can you get rid of it?"

"Yes, whenever I please," he says, his smile growing, suggesting he isn't yet going to remove it. If he is being truthful about it, and his intentions are pure, then I suppose I don't mind the mark. As long as he doesn't decide to leave at random, and leave my in horrific pain, then I can handle it. At least until I make a decision about who I want as my mate.

"Who are you going to choose?" He asks suddenly, when I don't reply. I frown. Even he knows about the decision I need to make, and likely how much it is tearing me up inside. I want to be embarrassed, but I don't have the energy.

I sigh deeply. "I don't know. I'm still torn up."

"Having two mates is actually quite a common occurrence for our kind. Most just embrace it," Stace admits, making me flinch. What a terrible curse, at least in my case. I can't imagine sharing mates, or dealing with two like I have now. Giving one affection leaves me feeling horrible for the other. Yet I won't be able to live too long staying away from that.

"I can't embrace is. I couldn't have been paired with more opposite men," I admit painfully. Cian is more outgoing, charismatic and open, whereas Noah is calmer, much more attentive and quiet. "If I break the bond with one, will they find another mate one day?"

"It's possible, yes."

Sighing I deflate, thinking that through carefully. At least if they are hurt I would reject one of them, they could find happiness in the future. But yet that doesn't soothe me. I don't want either of them to be upset over me.

"I'm waiting for an epiphany," I say into the air, unsure of whether that was directed at Stace or not. I know what he would say, if I asked him for advice. He would tell me I need to choose Noah, that him and I are the same species, and we are made to be together. Maybe he would confirm my suspicions that Cian and I being paired together was just a happenstance of fate...it wasn't what was meant to be. But that doesn't change the fact that he is my mate, at all.

"Come with me," Stace says suddenly.

"Sorry?"

"Come with me, to Territory Two, where people bleed the same colour as you, where your family came from. Come see my Kingdom, just for a little while," he offers. For a moment I'm convinced he is messing with me. "Maybe it will help you make your mind up."

My skepticism increases, as I consider his offer. Cian warned me that Stace's intention is to take me back there, and never let me come back. Yet as he looks at me, a warmth in his eyes, his offer almost seems genuine.

"I must be returned in a few days. If not, I will not even begin to consider using my powers, remaining mated to Noah, or complying by your rules," I say sternly.

Stace nods. "Absolutely. You have my word that you will be returned upon your immediate request.

I breath in deeply, knowing this is likely foolish. "You know what, fine. I'll do it."

🤎••🤎

Want to read ahead? Noah is now officially completed over on RADISH. Go check it out!! (:

🟫••🟫

I'm officially rewriting Alpha Jasper's story now on Radiah! It will be following the same storyline with the same characters, but with revised scenes and some new ones!

I love Jasper's story so much that I wanted to go back and rewrite it. I hope you guys will enjoy it, you can find it now on Radish (:

 I hope you guys will enjoy it, you can find it now on Radish (:

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼