Season 2: Part 26

As they were going down the steps of the factory, they saw the wave of police coming up. He continued down to come out into an open field surrounded by police jeeps. Sumedh saw the head chief inspector of police, and the both of them started walking towards him.

"Mr. Mudgalkar, what is this I am hearing? You let Dev Singh go?! You let that very person go whose name starts the Jaipur criminal book?! Why?!"

"Sir. I don't just let anyone go away that easily." Saying so, Sumedh held out Dev's knife that he had held at Mallika's throat before. "This knife is no ordinary knife. If you look closely, the intricate designs on this knife show that it has been specially handcrafted. Meaning...it was made specially for Dev. If we can find out who made this knife, we will have gained a lead."

"You know what Mr. Mudgalkar...maybe I shouldn't be too quick with my words. Good work!" the inspector said, proud of Sumedh. "Go get yourself some first aid and I will meet you very soon."

"Sir!" Sumedh said, saluting.

Mallika in the midst of this whole conversation, spotted the first aid jeep. As soon as Sumedh finished speaking with the inspector, she grabbed his arm and began pulling him through the crowd, taking him to the jeep. The government doctor got the first aid to start taking care of his wounds.

"No need for that Doctor. I can take care of him myself," Mallika stated adamantly. Sumedh just shrugged helplessly at the doctor, who then left. Sumedh was left alone with the furious Mallika inside the jeep.

Throughout the whole time she was badaging him, Mallika sat in front of him with an irritated face, not even bothering to look at Sumedh once or even talk. Sumedh noticed her irritated face, and decided to lighten the mood after the serious incident.

"Hmm who even knew it was possible to get abducted while in a public restroom?!" Sumedh joked. Mallika shot him a dirty look but continued her silence.

"Are you mad that I left you alone for so long?"

Mallika, bothered by the words, finally spoke, "Have you lost your mind?! What are you even thinking? And please tell me, why did you feel the need to come into the scene like Tiger Shroff and fight them by yourself?! Did you see what that idiot Dev guy looked like?! Did you hear his words?! So arrogant! If I wasn't tied to a chair I would have--"

"Ok ok that's enough, I don't know whether you're scolding me or him now!!"

"That's not the point Sumedh! The point is that you got hurt so much in the whole process. Did you even think once what would come upon me if anything serious would have happened to you?" Mallika said, looking down.

This made Sumedh smile. Her anger can melt the whole world but her worry for me will never go away. He lifted her chin so that he could look into her eyes.

"But see...I'm absolutely fine. What can happen to me when you're with me?"

"Stop saying these cheesy romantic things..." Malliak complained, trying really hard not to smile.

"Why? Cause then you know that your anger towards me will melt?" Sumedh said, laughing.

Sumedh looked into Mallika's eyes deeply. "Mallika...I don't know if you know it yet or not...but you mean the world to me..."

"I know Sumedh, I know," Mallika replied, hugging him tight.

Mallika quickly finished taking care of Sumedh wounds. They got in their car and quickly reached Mallika's home....to come face to face with two pairs of extremely worried parents.

"Come inside...all of you," Mallika's mother stated in a very serious tone, which made Mallika and Sumedh exchange nervous glances. Both families went inside the living room and seated down. Nobody said anything for some time.