Part 19

Naira

Naira

Samarth

Sumedh

Mallika

Finally, the moment had come. It was time for Naira to walk to the mandap. Naira looked at Mallika nervously. "Just chill out. Everything will go smoothly. Just take some deep breaths. Everything will be fine, " Mallika reassured. She walked beside Naira, as they made their entrance into the wedding hall. Everyone turned their attention to the two. Samarth just couldn't take his eyes off the bride. And Sumedh...couldn't help but stare at Mallika the entire time. The groom and bride shared a smile, as Samarth extended his hand to help Naira up onto the platform. Mallika went and quickly stood beside Sumedh, as both of their assigned positions were close to the bride and groom, if they needed anything.

As the wedding rituals began, Mallika suddenly began to go into her own thoughts. Yaar, I wish I could have a grand wedding just like this. It would be so magical. But for that I need a groom, which I don't have haha.

Sumedh on the other hand, was also thinking somewhat the same thoughts. I would want my wedding in the future to be like this. And a beautiful bride with a golden heart. As he closed his eyes to imagine the scene, he suddenly pictured something that left him astonished. Wait what!? Why did I just see Mallika walking towards me in a bridal lengha?! He secretly looked at Mallika, who seemed to be engrossed in watching the rituals. Sumedh, keep your mind under control. Don't wish for things you can't have. He quickly diverted his attention back to the wedding.

Suddenly, Mallika walked off the platform and began whispering to a couple of her friends. They looked over at Sumedh and the other boys and giggled. Seeing this, Sumedh asked the boy behind him, " Abey mote, kuch bolega ki nahi?...Yeh ladikya kyu mujhe dekh ke has rahi hai? (Abey fatto, will you say something?...Why are these girls looking at me and laughing?)"

"That's exactly why I came to you bhaiya. The shoes that I had so cleverly hidden are not there anymore."

Sumedh turned around shocked. "Abey I.T. fail, you can't do one job? All you had to do was look after one pair of shoes," he said. He looked back over at the girls, to only see the go away somewhere. He quickly decided to follow the girls. Well, it's time for me to get the job done. As he caught up to them, he suddenly saw Mallika hide something behind her back. "Hellooo gorgeous ladies! Where are all you beautifuls heading off to?" he asked. At these words, all the girls (except Mallika) looked up, attracted.

"Hato mere raaste se (Leave my path)," Mallika said, trying to get by him, still making an attempt to hide the shoes behind her back.

"Arey arey, ese kese. First tell me...what have you hidden behind you back?"

"N-nothing," she said, backing away.

"Nothing?...." Sumedh said, as a sly smile crept onto his face.