Meeting Class 1-A

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Shinsou! I'm glad you made it! Everyone is already here!" She says first, opening the door a little bit more now that she knows who is behind it. "And you must be Midoriya, right? Shinsou told us all about you!" She continues kindly, her voice holding a tinge of excitement in it.

"R-right." He wills his voice to work as he follows them both inside. "And you're...?" He trails off, waiting for her to confirm his suspicions on her identity.

"Oh sorry! How rude of me! I'm Yaoyorozu Momo! But you can call me Momo, it's easier." She answers without missing a beat. Stopping abruptly as they reach some sort of great hall. The open space makes him falter as he steps in. The sheer width of the room is overwhelming. "Guys, Shinsou and his friend are here!" She calls out as she makes her way to a large table placed in the middle of the room.

Several greetings are called out all at once, voice overlapping each other. Most of the forms he feels are familiar. Bakugou and Kirishima are seated at the end of the table. Surrounded by three people he recognizes from the USJ incident, however, he never interacted with them. Izuku also recognizes Todoroki and a couple of other students he interacted with at the USJ.

A hand squeezes his shoulder and he realizes how strange he must seem. Standing there, frozen in front of the entrance.

Smiling at Shinsou gratefully, they walk together toward the others. Kirishima is the first one to meet them halfway. The teen bounds towards them with something akin to a skip in his step. Followed closely by one of two boys that were sitting next to Bakugou.

"Midoriya! Bro! It's good to see you again!" The boy exclaims excitedly, his enthusiasm reminding Izuku of a puppy.

"Nice to see you too Kirishima." Shinsou deadpans from his place next to them. His voice carries a tinge of amusement.

Realizing his mistake, Kirishima proceeds to go into a long tangent, apologizing profusely to teen for his obvious 'unmanliness'.

Izuku thinks that maybe, coming here wasn't a mistake after all.

"Heya! You're Midoriya!" The other boy who came with Kirishima suddenly calls out for his attention. "Kirishima hasn't been able to stop talking about you! Says you stopped a store robbery!" The teen continues cheerfully, his elbow coming up to nudge Kirishima in the side as he speaks. "I'm Kaminari by the way." He finally introduces himself. He's about to answer but the arm around his shoulder interrupts him. He has to fight the urge to flinch. "Be honest though, are you really blind?" The teen continues with a lilt to his voice, skepticism palpable.

Whatever answer he had gets once again interrupted, this time by a low growl from somewhere behind them. His senses informs him that it's Bakugou. It's not his voice that speaks up though.

A deeper, unfamiliar voice sounds from somewhere next to him. When did all these people gather around them? "Kaminari! That's very rude! Unbecoming of a respectful Yuei student!" Turning towards the voice, he senses the stiffness of the person's stature. It seems as if the boy is making chopping motions in the air. It's with a start that he remembers him. The same boy he saved from Stain. Ingenium's brother. He's interrupted from his contemplation as the teen finally turns his way. Actually addressing him for once. "I'm sorry for my classmate's inconsiderate behavior!" He declares dramatically, bowing lowly.

"A-ah, it's okay, I get that question a lot," Izuku says, hoping for this whole interaction to end already, feeling multiple gazes trained on him. The boy stays there for a few more seconds, but eventually straightens up once again, much to Izuku's relief.

"My name is Iida Tenya. It's nice to meet you Midoriya-san." There's an awkward silence that follows his words. His hand is outstretched and Izuku has to fight the urge to face-palm. When the boy realizes, Izuku can practically feel the embarrassment radiating off of him. Shinsou spares him any further humiliation by pretending to tell Izuku about it, prompting him to finally answer with his own hand up.