1.0

SHOCKING REVELATIONS

"I JUST NEED to get this piece right here..." my words trailed off as I finally felt the rope binding my wrists slack and fall to the ground. My eyes quickly surveyed the area, noting that the rival pack was still paying no mind to Wyatt and I as they socialized. "This pack is full of idiots."

"As true as that may be, this isn't the time for remarks. Hurry up with your almost-plan," he rushed as the rope binding his hands slacked as well.

"Okay. If these morons keep partying, we should be able to back through this tree line behind us and circle around. There's a path that we can follow back to the den about a mile or so from there." Wyatt furrowed his brows at the plan.

"That sounds too easy."

"Besides the patrol wolves we gotta sneak past, it is that easy." I could tell I was getting a bit cocky with my escape plan, so I forced myself to calm down and focus on the task at hand. I had to remind myself that even though this pack seemed harmless, there could be much more beneath the surface. "Are you ready?"

"Yea—" Wyatt cut himself off as the party suddenly dulled and a silence fell over everyone. My eyes wandered through the crowds of wolves, trying to find a reason as to why they stopped partying. The reason was found when a man passed through the crowd and climbed up on a boulder, settling a smile on his face. I couldn't make out any of his features from this distance and his scent was overpowered by everyone else's.

"Don't move," I muttered, keeping my hands together so it seemed like they were still bound.

Murmurs fluttered through the mass of people, none of which I could make out very well. Mentions of a leader and something going right were all I could pick up, making a scowl etch itself onto my features.

However, when the man spoke it was like a switch had been flipped and everyone's mouths were sewn shut; not a sound could be heard except his voice. It echoed down to where Wyatt and I sat very clearly and authoritatively, letting me know that he wanted us to hear it.

"I'm glad you're all having fun. While tomorrow we will all have to be focused, tonight is a night to be celebrated and enjoyed," the man said with a light tone. "As you all know, a deal is in the process of being made with a ranking wolf from the Seabrook pack." I glanced to Wyatt. Clearly, he wasn't easy to bargain with. "And I've also been informed that another wolf has been captured after being found trespassing." He held out his arms and I could feel his eyes on us. "Welcome to our pack." The man's eyes glowed a cold blue as he spoke.

The sight almost caused me to not hear the leaves crunching behind us. A moment later, my body was yanked up by two werewolves and I was forced to walk forward. I could see the same being done to Wyatt as he growled at the pair that held him.

My steps were heavy and slow. Time seemed to draw out as I was guided into the mass of people and they parted for me to walk through. It felt like I was being led to a sentencing of my death. The wolves' grip on my arms were more than firm, as if they knew I could fend them off if I truly tried. When we slowed down, I didn't look at the man when I finally reached the boulder he stood on. I could hear him chuckle as Wyatt was stopped beside me.

My shoulders were pushed downwards and I was forced to my knees, but I still didn't look up. I didn't want to give whoever this guy was the satisfaction of seeing that his words were intimidating me—which they weren't.

"You two are tricky ones, huh?" The man let out a hearty laugh. "She wasn't tied up for fifteen minutes and she'd already clawed her way through the bindings." A sense of familiarity washed over me at the sound of his voice, but I refused to give in and look up. "What'd she tell you her name was?"

"Whitney, sir," one of the wolves restraining me responded. At this, the man laughed again.

I could hear him begin to walk to the edge of the boulder and I could hear the sound of his shoes hit the dirt beneath him as he walked closer to us.

"You've gotten pretty sneaky haven't you?" he said lowly. "Maybe it has something to do with him being here," he mused in a thoughtful tone. "Maybe he's a good friend, boyfriend maybe?"

"That's none of your business," I growled out. He'd finally tipped me over the edge, causing my eyes to glow as my canines began to extend.

"Actually, it is." The man leaned down in front of me, placing a finger under my chin and making me look at him. "After all, Coraline, I am your father."

My jaw slacked as my heartbeat sped up. I was frozen and couldn't tear my eyes from his face as he grinned with pride at my reaction.

"Dad?"