Chapter 14

" So what's your favorite color," he asks with his hands holding the back of his head as he lays on the grass.

We are playing this game where we basically get to know each other a bit more. I've been tutoring him for a while now.

He's pretty easy to tutor maybe he's right and I am a good teacher. At least that is what I would like to be. I would teach my brother when he was homeschooled after I came home from school.

So I quite enjoy teaching, I would just never do it in front of the whole class.

"Uhm...Tbh I don't have a favorite color" I say with a shrug of my shoulders as he looks at me weirdly.

" What do you mean...you don't have a favorite color" doesn't everyone have a favorite color?"

" Not me. " I respond. Every color is pretty in its own unique way." I say with a smile on my face.

" playing the old unique angel act I see," he says looking with a smirk.

"What No I'm for real," I say hitting his arm gently. We are both playing down in the soft grass, just looking up at the clouds. Since we got tired of studying for our English test tomorrow for a whole hour.

" Do you ever think about leaving your fingerprint on the earth?" I ask as I look at a huge cloud floating above a big bird, that had its wings stretched widely open.

" if you mean a trail of weed then yea" he answers.

I shale my head while letting out a little laugh.

" No like leave a legacy that shows you've done something heroic in this world
......that you've changed the world for the better" I say.

" yea....no I just live how I want to live " " I dont follow others or do what they want me to do," he says with a shrug.

I look at him from the corners of my eyes and he does the same. " yea but dont you feel a burden to do something great like to meet what other people expect of you" I say.

" What makes you ask this?" He says raising an eyebrow.

" Nothing" I reply with a sigh.

Really? Because that nothing sounds like something" he says with a stern look on his face. He stands up amd sits next to where I laid.

" ah....." I mumble under my breath sitting up.

"Come on Zoe tell me" he insists.

" Fine" I sigh. I pause to take a deep breath, trying to gather my thoughts together.

" well sometimes I feel pressured to be my best at all times"

" And....." My voice rattles like a snake as I feel tears forming in my eyes.

" I know that I am a huge..... failure" "I am a disappointment to this world..." I say sniffling as tears fall from my cheeks.

Scott rubs my back ever so gently. I let out what I had been held.

" oh, zoe" he softly says.

He opens his arms in a warm embrace. And I place my hands on his waist as I bury my head in his chest. He placed his chin on my hair and rubs my back ever so gently. I tried taking deep breaths as I was letting out everything I had held up inside. He placed his chin on my head.

Right in that moment, I felt like his warm embrace was all I needed to know everything was going to be okay.

" Sorry," I say as I realized I had just been sniffling on his shirt. " don't worry about it" he mumbles through my hair.

We stayed like that for a while, until I let go. Realizing that we were doing a couplely thing and we were far from being a couple but I admit that its because I try to not let myself fall but maybe..... it's out of my control.

Thank you so much for reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Q: What's your favorite color?