Chapter 9

I just need you to be a brother
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
But the truth hurts more than the lie.

Clarrise POV

"Now girls please stay around us at all time, being well known comes with some cons and one of them is that we have a bunch of enemies" Dante started to lecture.

We both nodded, I mean I didn't listen to everything he said so I'm not to sure what I'm suppose to do.

"Clarisse let's go!" Fabio called out to me snapping me out of my thoughts. I groaned and got out of the car. We had arrived to this huge mall that looked to be filled with a big amount of people. God help me.

We walked in the mall and immediately separate into two groups.

Dante, Gianni, Fabio and Karissa.
Luca, Carlino and me.
I was actually quite happy about the groups. I don't think I could handle Karissa whining, Gianni and Fabio grumpiness and Dante's mood swings.

Luca and Carlino are the only one who makes me actually feel like they are my brothers, my family. Fabio and Gianni acts like I'm this nightmare and Dante is just trying to hard to be a father figure that I don't need. The father figure who just tries to show off his dominance and his power of how he rules this house. It's his way of the high way. That's not what I need right now. I'm a fifteen years old who's lost and doesn't know what to do with my life. I just need guidance and comfort. I just need someone to tell me everything will be okay while holding me because in the deepest part of my heart I am still the young girl who was neglected, who's never had her mother caress her when she had nightmares or a father to hold her hand when she was afraid. I just want and need them to be brothers. To be my superhero, the people who's always there not matter what, who picks me up when I fall and who's always there to defend me when I need it.

"Where do you want to go first?" Luca asked. I shrugged.

"I don't mind, I've never been in a mall so I'm to sure where to go" I said. Luca and Carlino looked at me weirdly.

"Never-um had to mu-much money growing up" I nervously stuttered while playing with my fingers, something I always did.

"That's okay, we can start here Hollister, they have some pretty good stuff" Carlino answered while starting to walk over to the store. Luca and I made our way to follow him.

• • •

"So you've got all of the stuff you need?" Luca asked me for the millionth time.

I gave him the look and he smiles. "I'm just double checking, don't want to be caught by surprise in the future darling" he lectured.

I mumbled a yea sure and we went on our way to the food court where we would be meeting up with the rest.

We would be eating then we would go back home which by the way I couldn't wait. I craved my bed. I could hear my bed calling my name as I was so tired from all of this shopping.

We arrived and took our seat as the food was already ordered.

I had six nuggets and a medium fries from McDonald but I've only managed to eat three of those nuggets and not even half of those fries.

"Eat Clarisse." Dante ordered.
"I'm not hungry" I replied.

Dante looked at me with this look that screamed 'don't test me and eat the damn food'. I gave him a 'Or what' face as a way of answering his look.

"Make sure you bring the food home Luca we don't want to waste right ?" Dante sharply said while looking at me dead in the eye.

I huffed and rolled my eyes. Not exactly a smart move but I'm not one to think about my actions.

"Make sure your not forgetting anything we aren't coming back" Dante said while helping with the bags.

I picked up a phew bags and walked next to Carlino. We got into the car and took our places. I sat in the middle in front much to my displeasure but Dante wanted to 'keep an eye on me'.

I don't know when we will ever get along but I can surely hope it's soon. His ways of acting towards me were really ticking me off. I hate how he tries so hard to just control everything. It made me feel like a helpless kid and I don't exactly like that sentiment.

When we finally got home Dante said
"Clarisse bring your bags to your room and then I want you in my office" before I even got the chance to get out of the car. I sighed and nodded not really wanting to throw a fit.

I picked my bags with the help of both Carlino and Luca then proceed to bring them in my room.

I placed them in my closet so I could organize it later after meeting up with Dante. I made my way to Dante office and took a seat infront of his desk waiting for him.

He walked in making sure to slam the doors behind him.

He made his way to his chair and sat down staring me down. "Do you realize I don't tolerate disrespect?" He brutally said.

"I don't know I've just been here like a day or something" I retorted.

That made Dante snap. "Well princess guess what? We don't tolerate it nor accept it so you might want to change your path because you'll be in deeper shit than you think" Dante somewhat talked but shouted at me.

"Listen here mister! I don't know how I'm the world I disrespect you so please start my enlightening me with that." I replied annoyed.

"You rolled your eyes and look at the way you are talking back and don't get me started on yesterday." He said.

He was right but I wouldn't tell him that.

"So now I have to punish you for your actions!" He shouts out of frustration. Never a good mix.

"You know what! I didn't ask you to be my fucking legal guardian and I never asked you to be so disciplinary! So don't start shouting at me! I don't need someone who's always punishing me because I act out impulsive! For starter I never had the type of parents to show me right and wrong so for you to just plainly start shouting at me for little things is not helping your case of trying to be my brother. I need a brother who's here to help me and guide me as well as comfort me threw hard time. I never had that when I was younger. I never had the actual chance to learn what's right and what's wrong so I don't know! I don't know anything about life Dante!" I shouted back at him finally being fully honest.

"I don't need you to ne this disciplinary parental figure I just need you to be my brother."
• • • • •
1197 words  wow

I like this one I really do.