10. - Present

I was woken up by the vivid sunshine. I glance out the window; the sun is already up so high. How long did I sleep? Why doesn’t anyone wake me up? And then I re-analyze my thoughts. Yeah, who the hell would wake you up? Dylan Carter? Hah. I pick up my phone under my pillow. Holy shit it’s already 11. Luckily it is Sunday. Whew.

Dylan isn’t in the room. He probably went out with his girlfriend from the morning. I roll my eyes, still the same jerk with tons of girls.

I jump of the bed and limp to the bathroom. I put on a slim pair of jeans with long sleeves blue-ish purple sweater since it is like 57 degrees today. Chilly for a Sunday, isn’t it?

I call Catherine and tell her to go to the Starbucks near campus for a morning – well, it’s almost noon already… - coffee because I can barely straightly open my eyes. I think they are still severely damaged by the incident that Carter caused me the other day.

Starbucks is crowded today. Everyone wants to grab a hot, nice coffee for a cold Sunday. It’s a shame that the breezes visit our campus on a nice day like this; otherwise Catherine and I would have driven down to the amusement park on the other side of the town for a nice picnic.

“Aww are you freaking serious?” I frown as I walk out of Starbucks with an Espresso in my hand after waiting half an hour in line, the phone in my other hand to my ear. “Now you tell me you can’t come?”

“I’m so sorry!” Catherine is apologizing on the other side. “My roommate needs help on her work. I’ll make it up another day Kaylieeee!” She pleads. Great, at least she can play with her roommate. It’s like a hell no for me.

“Alright alright, but we are going to see that new movie this Friday evening!” I order.

“Okay boss!”

I turn off my phone and sip my Espresso. Urgh, Catherine and I was planning to go to the museum nearby. I cannot go alone now. You seriously owe me Catherine Paige.

As I am walking and checking my Facebook on my phone in one hand and my coffee in the other, a black Gallardo stops by and a voice calls out to me.

“Taylor!”

I immediately look up. Of course, who else calls me by my last name?

“You really know how to startle me.” I reply with a frown.

Dylan chuckles. “Where are you going?”

“Why do you care?” I reply coldly.

“Well I am kind of free right now so why don’t you get inside, it’s cold.” He shrugs like it is no big deal.

“Er no thanks, I’ll pass.” And I continue walking.

He laughed lightly. “Seriously? It’s going to be really cold, Taylor.” Ugh, I hate when he calls my last names, it sounds so awkward.

“Yeah well like you care.” I roll my eyes.

“I don’t, but I mean, I’m not going anywhere, and it’s a long way to walk…” Dylan’s car is still following me.

I stop walking. This dude is really stubborn. Fine, I do not have to waste my energy on walking, then!

I open the passenger door and step inside.

“Where do you want to go?”

“What a great question.” I look at him. “Where else do we go besides the dorm?”

He laughs.

“Do you want to see the museum?”

“What museum?”