23. - Present

I spend the whole lunch glaring deadly at Dylan, who was still giggling from the incident earlier. Since we just got here, the school decided for us to eat at the hotel’s restaurant. The food was good, but everyone likes to eat outside rather than in the hotel when they’re on vacation, right? But again, we’re not on a vacation, so…

“Kaylie,” Dylan starts. I ignore him. He smirks and calls me again, “Kaylie.”

“Whaaat?” I whine, frowning as I turn to look at him.

“I didn’t see anything, stop giving me the silent treatment.” He pouts, I roll my eyes.

“I’m not a kid, I’m not giving you a silent treatment.” I state as I continue eating.

He tilts his head, “Then stop giving me the monkey face, I didn’t see anything for real!”

“Okay okay. Now would you please EAT?” I scold, he chuckles and finally eats his food.

I hear Anna raises the mic and turn to look at her.

“We have 10 more minutes until the bus will be coming over to drive us to the Musical Museum guys!” says Anna over the mic. “Anyone who needs anything, you guys better go to your room and get it.”

Dylan turns to me, “You have the key?”

“Yes, dad.” I answer as I point to my side bag. I finish up my soup bowl and reapply my chapstick after wiping my mouth. Catherine runs in from nowhere. “Boo!”

I jump and drop my chapstick onto the floor. “Cath!” I say, “That’s my favorite one!”

She chuckles and picks the chapstick up, then cleaning the top with a napkin. “There,” she gives it to me, “Good as new.”

“Good my ass.” I roll my eyes and tuck it back into my sweater’s pocket. Anna calls and I walk to the bus with Catherine, using up my time without Dylan the jerk always sticking besides me. Seriously, we sleep in the same room but he doesn’t have to hold my shirt’s hem like a lost child.

We take the seats at the far back, and I quickly doze off the sleep. I guess it’s the jetlag effect.

. . .

The Musical Museum is not as boring as I expected. It is actually really cool. There are these mix of musics they did between like 50 instruments and we learn where different specific instruments come from and made of. Ugh, the worst part is we’re going to have to write a paper on this that is worth like 20% of the course’s grade. And then we have another project. Joy.

I take pictures of things that are important so that my life could be easier when the paper comes. I’m a viasualize person, so...

. . .

I throw my bag onto the bed and plop right on it the moment Dylan and I come into our room. I am SO. TIRED.

“Do you want to go for some drink? I’m hot as hell.” Dylan says. Did he just say he’s hot? I mean, yeah he’s hot, but-

It’s not THAT kind of hot. My inner brain tells me to shut up.

I hug my pillow. “No, I just want to sleep.”

“You slept for 15 hours today already.” Dylan rolls his eyes. I ignore him and crawl under my sheets.

“Go shower or something. I’ll think about it later.” I shout out from my blanket.

“Think about what?”

I push the blanket out of my face, “About going for some drinks, you dumbass.” I roll my eyes, then I pull the blanket over my head again.