🌠Forty-second chapter🌠

"After all that we've been through
I will make it up to you
I promise to."
Hard to Say I'm Sorry; Chicago

-

*TW - kidnapping*

-

In the next couple of days, I was busy with my plan on how to get Charles back on my side. I was willing to do anything, literally anything. But anything suddenly became nothing and the trash bin was soon full of creased papers. I had ideas, many of them. But I'm missing self-confidence, I'm afraid that I will scare him even more and that will be the end. I don't wanna lose him but I don't want to seem too needy and desperate. I want to give him space but I don't want him to drift away from me.

I groaned loudly at my thoughts and ran my fingers through my hair. I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted from my situation with Charles, from unsolved business with Sánchez, from everything. I've just returned from my vacation and I would gladly go on another one. But not to Genoa, that's too full of memories. Somewhere where nobody knows me. With fresh air and beautiful nature. Somewhere where I don't have to think about my shitty life. I lied my head on the table and closed my eyes, drowning myself deep into my imagination.
The phone woke me up from my dreams. I snorted and got up, moving my hand to the phone. I frowned slightly when I saw Normani's name on the screen. She has never called me before so I guess it will be something really important. It's scaring me a bit, not gonna lie

"Hey, Norms, is everything alright?" I asked as soon as I accepted the call. The other side of the call was silent, making me frown even more. What it is today with people calling you and not talking?
"Normani, are you there?"

"Ari," my eyes widened when I heard her sniffle, "I...I...need your help," her voiced cracked and she sniffled again.

"What happened?" I quickly stood up, feeling my heart wildly pounding in my chest.

"I need...I need you to come here," she said with a small voice. She sounded so vulnerable that it was breaking my heart.

"Where are you? I'm coming for you," she told me her location and I assured her that I'm on my way and will be there soon. I ended the call and placed my phone on the table. I was in such a rush that I forgot it there, quickly taking on my shoes and a jacket before leaving the house. I was walking at a very fast pace, almost running. I'm really worried about Normani, she sounded really hurt. I arrived at the place Normani told me, seeing her silhouette in the distance. I called her name and ran after her. She was looking miserable, her brown eyes full of tears.

"Hey, I'm here, don't worry," I reassured her, wrapping my arms around her, "everything is gonna be alright, I'm here for you," I hummed and her body stopped trembling, "what happened?" I asked her when we broke apart, "who harmed you?"