🌠Thirty-third chapter🌠

"They're droppin' like flies whenever I'm around
So used to goodbyes, there's comfort in the sound
Maybe I'm the monster that's been here all along."
Monster; Gabbie Hanna

-

"Are you alright?" I opened my eyes to see Charles with a worried look, "you left out of sudden, I wanted to make sure..."

"YOU are asking if I'm alright?" I sarcastically laughed and shook my head, "that's really funny."

"What do you mean?" he asked confused and took a few steps closer to me.

"Don't play innocent, Leclerc. You know damn well what I mean!" I slightly raised my voice. Charles didn't pay any attention to it and continued playing dumb.

"I really don't. Did I say something or..."

"You were almost fingering me in the public restaurant in front of our friends! Remember now?" I crossed my arms over my chest with a frown. Charles let out a snort and slightly shook his head. He was very close now and I was trying not to blush. He might be a cocky asshole now, but that doesn't change the way I feel about him.

"You shouldn't have brought up Callum...you were trying to make me jealous and you deserved a payback," he snarled and leaned his hands against the wall next to my head.

"You started with that teasing, all of this is your fault! And I can ask about whoever I want to."

"I started because I wanted to show you how huge of a mistake you've made when you rejected me. And what you are missing," I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I can't believe what he just said, "I thought it was obvious that we have feelings for each other. But then in Hungary, you said something...I wanted to make sure if there really is something or not. And apparently..."

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT I REJECTED YOU BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO DESTROY YOU AND YOUR LIFE. NOT BECAUSE I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU," my eyes went wide and I clasped my hand over my mouth. It's out. Now he knows what I was trying to hide so desperately.

"What?" Charles blinked a few times.

"Uhm...I think we should go back. Guys must have been worried," I wanted to sneak under his hands and run away like a coward.

"No, no, no, no, no," Charles put his hands lower to blocked the way so I couldn't escape, "you are not going anywhere."

"This is an illegal restraint, Percival," I answered bitterly, using one of his middle names on purpose. Charles was caught off guard, just staring at me. I wanted to take advantage of the situation and flee, but unfortunately, Charles woke up from his trance very quickly. He swiftly grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his chest.

"How do you know this?" he whispered.

"Internet?" I asked, more ironically, "it's not just me who is having secrets," I shrugged and looked away.

"I bet my secrets are nothing compared to yours," he placed his fingers under my chin. He lifted my head a little bit so I was looking directly into his captivating eyes, "Ariana," he sighed, his fingertips slowly tracing my jawline, "I want you to be serious with me. Do you really have feelings for me?" I slowly nodded my head with a very tiny smile, "why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it would make everything worse."

"Worse? I was so broken when you rejected me in Hungary...I thought this is an unrequited love..."