85 days

When Jungkook had gotten back from his meeting with Hoseok, Iris had the guitar line and the vocal guide recorded

When Jungkook had gotten back from his meeting with Hoseok, Iris had the guitar line and the vocal guide recorded. He had only been gone for two hours, and it blew his mind how musically inclined she was. He had never seen her look to him for approval, as she was consistently independent and sure of herself before, but there she was, warm brown eyes looking up at him hopefully as he listened to what she had. It was amazing, but Jungkook would never give her the satisfaction of knowing he thought that so easily.

"Not bad." He said with finality, teasing grin on his face. Iris laughed and rolled her eyes at his antics.

"You're a dick." She deadpanned with a final chuckle. Jungkook winked jokingly, but then his mind was back on the song. Between them, they came up with a percussion line and a bass line. Jungkook is very detail oriented, Iris came to find out. He beat every intricate nuance and subtlety of the song into the ground, made sure he was satisfied with every part. They tweaked the melody a little bit, Jungkook requesting the B note be changed to a B flat, and Iris had suppressed her surprise that he knew music theory. Most stars of his caliber didn't, but then again, most stars of his caliber weren't the sole credit of their whole discography.

Finally, after three hours of fine-tuning the details of the song, Jungkook and Iris ventured to the studio. He ran through some scales to warm up his voice with perfect pitch. He never seemed to stop surprising Iris. She had worked with some of the biggest names in the business, but she had never seen such dedication to perfection and raw talent in any of them like she sees it in Jungkook. He hopped in the booth, and Iris hit start on his first run through. She should have seen it coming by now that Jungkook would only need one take for the main vocal line. After the couple minutes were through, he glanced at Iris through the glass.

"Good?" He called to her, and Iris shrugged just to mess with him. He didn't take it personally, though. He could see how impressed she was in her eyes. Jungkook then recorded the backing vocals, and Iris was yet again surprised at how insane his range is. But, when they listened to the backing vocals with the rest of the song, Jungkook frowned. "I don't like that." He said. "Head voice is good, but I've been in my chest voice and mix the whole rest of the song...it doesn't sound cohesive."

"You could always take it down a third interval. The harmony would still work." Iris suggested, but Jungkook shook his head, not liking that idea so much. They were silent, thinking for a moment, but then Jungkook's eyes lit up. He stood up from his seat and grabbed Iris's hand, pulling her to her feet. Before she could ask, he was leading her into the booth. He placed her in front of the mic with his hands on her shoulders, bustled around the booth to get it set up for her. "Hey, Jungkook? Whatcha doin'?" Iris asked skeptically.

"I think you'd sound better than me on that high part." He said simply. Jungkook had come to a conclusion just then: if he needs to have another person working on his music, he might as well use it to his advantage. Iris raised her eyebrows.