“Wha-what do you need?” She choked out in slight fear, ready to forcefully close the door.

“Niles and Connor from the DPD,” the younger one introduced, “We're investigating a case about murders. We believe you were friends with the culprit. MP800 unit, Louis,” he explained.

Her eyes jumped back and forth between them, then she uncertainly opened the door wider, nodding. They found it being an invitation, so they came in.

When Caroline slided the door behind them, she shaked her head in worry.

“I told him it wouldn't end up good...”

Sunset outside the window let warm light into the room. A lamp at the bed added artiticial lighting, causing a calm climate there.

The girl let them sit at the small table, and she rested elbows on the tabletop, hiding her face in hands.

“So he told you about his plans?” Niles asked, raising one eyebrow.

“He confessed about his urge to avenge, that he won't forgive them... He didn't say what he wanted to do exactly,” she explained quickly, still visibly uneasy at their presence.

“Do you know where he could be now?” Connor asked.

It didn't take them long to realise her silence was equal to knowledge. Knowledge of a probable hideout of the murderer. She stressed out immediately after hearing the question and she clenched her fists. She knew, as well, if she lied they'd catch it, so she chose silence. Connor understood – it was her friend, she didn't want to give him in. He exchanged looks with Niles, who took the initiative.

“You know where he is,” he mostly stated rather than asked, “Or you at least think you may know. If you don't us, we'll have to accuse you of hindering the investigation.”

“Accuse me of anything you want,” she announced quietly.

“Punishing you both would be pointless,” he stated, “You prefer to tell us now and be able to stay here, or go to the police station and sit in the interrogation room?”

Caroline raised her gaze to look at the androids, in her eyes apparent sadness. She hunched like she was trying to not let in anything from the outside world and she stared at the table. She nervously put the hair strand behind her ear, and then Connor realised her silence could mean one more thing.

He stood up, almost making the chair fall down.

“If you're contacting him right now, you'll be in a lot of trouble,” he stated, his gaze on her intense.

The android turned her head to the side.

Then everything happened at once, too fast, too unexpectedly, when the girl suddenly yelled “now!” and an MP800 android ran out from the next room.

Caroline threw herself at Connor in attempt to make him fall down, but her model wasn't adjusted for fights, so he managed to somehow avoid her attack, take her wrists and push her to the floor.

Niles' just rushed out the room to chase Louis – Connor quickly ran after, catching up to them in a moment. He had them in his view.

Louis ran upstairs, trying to leave them behind. He wasn't lucky enough, for Niles was short after him.

And when not seeing any other option of escape, he jumped out the window at the mezzanine, Niles still was short after him.

He was able to catch his hand, when they both were falling.

He could hear Connor's shout, who running at the mezzanine, saw his silhouette throwing itself down after the culprit.

And when he miraculously managed to catch his ankle, dangerously leaning through the windowsill, he stopped his tears of fear.