Chapter 7

Peace in the office, lack of hurry, sunset, these things made Connor look innocent in Niles' eyes, like exhausted child without any strength after long hours of games. Even with his stubbornness and convincing, he eventually gave up and went into rest mode. Sitting deep in the chair with head lying on his hand, finally unfurrowed brows and calm face, he really looked like a child.

Niles glanced at Hank, who scrolled through something on his phone, not having anything better to do.

Some co-workers who came near, looked at Connor with a smile. Fowler didn't pay attention to anything but his computer, Niles found zero threatens towards Connor's reputation because of his short "nap". All his calculations ended with android's proper rest.

"Hey, Niles." Hank said unexpectedly.

RK900 looked at him questioningly, tilting his head.

"Yes, lieutenant?"

"Don't look at Connor when he sleeps, it's scary." He stated and his expression showed confusion and disapproval.

The android didn't even realize he stared at him. However, he nodded, understanding.

"I'm sorry, lieutenant, it won't happen again." He answered with soft voice, yet still emotionless.

Hank only shaked his head and concentrated on his phone again.

Niles began to look around the office, his programming stopped him from watching the resting android. He got a clear order, which he obeyed effortlessly. He had to be unfailing.

· · ·

"Connor." Quiet voice awoken him from stasis.

He opened his eyes and glared at Hank behind the desk. Then he looked around the office and realized it was very quiet, lamps scattered dark. It was late, his shift was already over for a few minutes.

"Sorry, Hank." He said, straightening on his chair. "Oh, god, I feel so embarrassed." He added quieter, shaking his head.

"It's fine, nothing fun happened anyway." Anderson assured him, sighing.

He got up, throwing his jacket over himself, then took important things and walked towards the exit, knowing the android will follow.

Connor got up too, pushed the chair to the desk and then he noticed Niles wasn't anywhere nearby. He furrowed his brows and looked around, this time to find the android. When he realized what he was doing, he closed his eyes tightly for a second. He shouldn't wonder where he was. He should be glad he disappeared.

However, he noticed him in one of the spots for androids, where they could peacefully charge. Obviously.

He approached him slowly and hesitantly. Hank's already left, he probably will be in the car in a moment, waiting for his partner.

Connor watched closely the android's calm face and he couldn't not notice his peaceful expression. The same he had during day, but different. It just looked less blank, like the android was actually sleeping and dreamt of something nice. Connor smiled a little, quickly going to Anderson's vehicle.

"I thought you're never gonna come." Hank announced when he got in the car and buckled the seatbelt.

"I came barely a minute after you, Hank." Connor said, rolling his eyes.

He only laughed warmly, starting the engine and driving to home.

A way through the city, which was covered in dark, gave it a fancy vibes, at least it seemed like that. The only source of light was gave by thr streetlights and through the car window Connor saw lots of things. A lot of dogs walked by their owners, people with strollers, alone passerbys, as well as couples holding their hands tightly.