At one of the tables a couple of androids were sitting, talking happily, not bothered by the presence of strangers. However, when they approached them, their faces dropped and they seemed like they planned on running away. Connor didn't need to see their yellow LEDs to know they were connecting through interface now.

Niles was first to speak up.

“Niles and Connor from the DPD, can we ask a few questions?”

"Damn, what's going on?"

Both Niles and Connor scanned the deviants to know their registered names. Dominic, Victor, Tylor and Dallon. LA900, PB600, WG100 and ZT200 models.

“We're here to investigate murders an MP800 unit committed, he's name's Louis,” Connor said, “Markus told us he lived here.”

The atmosphere in the room tickened. Androids exchanged looks, probably saying their own opinions. Dallon spoke up first.

“He was cool. He mentioned a couple of times about some revenge on a family that threw him away, but...”

“We didn't think he'd really do something like that... committ a crime,” Tylor ended the sentence.

“Though, looking at this from the other perspective, he seemed pretty chaotic,” Dominic was another one to speak.

“Is here anyone he got along with, talked to often?” Niles asked.

Connor appreciated he took most of the conversation on himself. The deviants themselves looked at him, focusing on the newer model. They apparently trusted him more, for they hadn't heard about him anything, and obviously what others say is one and the only truth. Someone they didn't know was more worthy they trust, than somebody who chased their own people. Even if he was a deviant himself now.

“I sometimes saw him with that one girl, Caroline, her room probably is... three hundred twenty two. The third floor,” Dallon stated. “We sit here most of the time, so we witness a lot of things.”

Niles nodded.

“Alright, thank you for your time,” he told, turning away and analysing the building to know where to go.

“Yeah, whatever.”

Connor turned around, too, trying to ignore glares of hatred drove in his back. They went deeper in a corridor where were rooms for use of all the inhabitants. At the end was placed a small bar where could be seen all kinds of thirium-based alcohol. The building on the inside was arranged pretty neat and just human-like.

They entered an elevator, choosing the floor being their goal. Connor leaned on a wall, waiting as they'd arrive silently. The elevator was lacking the typical elevator-music, Niles was quiet too, he was only peeking at him every once in a while, and Connor was listening to the working machine.

He took a coin out his pocket and started flipping it between his fingers, calming down by doing so.

A sound meaning the elevator stopped, made him push away of the wall. He went out with Niles, glancing at him.

“I hope we'll find out something useful,” Connor announced.

“Yes, me too,” Niles admitted.

They stopped at the room, three hundred twenty two, and Connor smiled at Niles. He could not showing it, but he was a ball of nerves all the time. His steps were uncertain and he was looking around, like someone was going to jump scare him. Niles smiled back and knocked on the door.

Caroline opened after a few seconds and she raised her brows seeing the androids. Her gaze fixated on Connor when she recognized him. Even though Niles was so alike to him, there still wasn't any chance androids could mistake them.