Chapter Five

Let It Burn-Chapter Five

Dan closed his already glossy eyes as he heard the angel that broke his heart but also gave him a home. "Dan, why'd you leave me" the voice sobbed, making Dan cry as well. "Phil, I loved you, you knew that we just didn't work out in the end" Dan sniffled harshly. Phil's voice flooded Dan's thoughts "b-but we were each other's everything's. First kiss. The first time we committed to each other sexually. Dan I miss us. We built a great life. What happened? Where did I go wrong that I lost you?" Dan wiped his tears "we just stopped talking to each other-" Phil's voice cut through Dan's words. "So you left me. You pushed everyone away Dan. We haven't seen each other in years." Dan shook his head at Phil's voice in his head. "Not true. I'm not an idiot Phil that was you in that alley way. I kissed you again after years and maybe yeah I threw everything away to escape who I really was. But I needed to find myself before I could fully commit to loving you in ways I couldn't love myself" Dan looked down at the bedsheets. "Do you remember this was where we spent watching anime and scrolling Tumblr?" Phil spoke lightly making Dan shudder. "Yeah it was." He shook his head, shaking away tears. "This used to be our apartment" Phil chimed in calmly. Dan nodded once more "yeah we spent a lot of time here." He filled his head with the memories. Good and bad. "Will we ever be a thing again?" Phil asked, beginning to fade from Dan's mind. "I don't think so," Dan spoke, staring at the wall. "Okay farewell love" and with that Phil's voice was no longer an echo or voice in his head. Dan cried himself to sleep making it so his eyes couldn't open all the way. He dreaded ever falling for the fool that completed his life. "Hey Phil?" Dan spoke as the blue eyed boy appeared in his mind again. "Thank you. The years spent with you were fun for sure. Maybe, just maybe we could slowly connect again?" Dan questioned making Phil giggle "you were never great at letting go neither was I though" Dan nodded "yeah" Dan decided to stare out at the stars. "Remember when we used to fall asleep under those stars. The times were more peaceful." Phil's voice became more than just that he was a ghost that was sitting beside Dan. Dan slowly snaked his hand into Phil's see through one. "I miss you a lot" Dan cried. "I miss you too Dan." A frown smeared on Phil's ghostly face. "Phil?" Dan asked, turning towards the transparent boy. Humming the blue eyed boy glanced at Dan. "Can you stay with me tonight?" Dan let tears run down his face. "Of course" Phil began to fade in and out slowly with each breath, his dull eyes watching Dan closely. "Good night Dan" Phil left a kiss on Dan's forehead. It was airy and made Dan cold as Phil laid beside Dan. He watched Dan breath slow and calm breaths. In and out. Phil looked at his own faded body. In and out. With each intake of breath he seemed more human but as he blew out breaths he was nothing more than a spirit now.