Chap 21

A/N
A big thanks to ladysword for the amazing cover. Thank you :)
85k readers. Wow. Last week was 65k. Thanks everyone for reading and voting for my story.
Happy Valentine's Day btw. Love and be loved.

Jack POV

She couldn't be serious. After the earth-shattering kiss that she gave me she couldn't just tell me that it was over before it was ever finished. I would not permit that. I built an empire out of nothing, dealt with rich old people with old money that thought young blood wasn't good enough, I had to endure 4 years of hell thinking that the love of my life wanted me for my money and not for me. Now that I found her again and that I might have a chance of happiness with her I will be damned if I let it slip away from me again.

I tried to mask my hurt and tried to keep a neutral expression until I put my plan in action. My mind was racing miles per second coming up with different ideas on what to do and one of them kept popping up all the time. I guess I had to follow my instinct then and see where it went.

"Ok." I said to her request

"Ok?" She asked surprised. "You won't bother me anymore?"

"I guess I was delusional hoping that you would still love me after all this time. You have created a life apart from me and I have to accept that." I shrugged

"You are serious." Nikki stated. I guess she was thinking I would make a scene and now she couldn't believe her eyes and her ears.

"Yes. It looks like you are happy with that Mike guy and he looks like he is ok, not as manly man as you deserve. I think you will be the one to wear the pants in your relationship." I winked at her.

Nikki seemed to relax and now she wasn't feeling as uncomfortable as she did a couple of minutes ago.

"I guess asking to be friends would be to much" I asked her while running the back of my neck. I was trying to be calm and I was surprised at how calm I sounded like. I guess all those business meetings when I tried to keep a poker face finally played off.

"It will be uncomfortable Jack. We can't go to family barbecues together because we have a lot of history together. We might have been together for a short time but we had more flames and history than people that stayed together for decades."

"I guess you are right. If we cannot be friends at least we can treat each other with respect like two mature adults that we are. Who knows we might run in the same circles later on."

"That would be fine with me" she smiled and I just wanted to go and grab her and kiss some sense into her. Maybe that way she wouldn't want to leave me.

"Speaking of same circles. He reason I cam to visit you today was because I am thinking of buying some art pieces from a local artist and I wanted your opinion if they'd are worth it or not. I am trying to help struggling young artists to promote their art pieces."

"Wow, Jack, that is amazing."

"They should thank you because the program was started in your honor. Just call it as a way I am trying to seek your forgiveness for asking you to quit everything and just be my wife when we were married. I guess I was so much in love with you that I wanted to keep you all for myself. I thought that if you did something else you would love me less."

"That's not true Jack. You should know that."

"Well I know that now that I lost you but I didn't know it then. That doesn't matter now because we can't change the past. Do you think you could come with me now and see their work. I bet they would love to meet Blackheart."

"I don't think that would be a good idea Jack. We should be trying to stay away from each other, not spend time together. Plus I have a lot of paperwork that I have to do before I leave for Africa next week."

"Please come. Call it a favor to an all friend. Many of the artists don't feel comfortable and they don't trust me. I bet if they would meet you they would change their minds. Think it as a favor that you are doing to them not to me."

"Ok." She said while grabbing her bag and letting her secretary know that she was going out and she might be late.

"I have a feeling that I will regret this decision." She said looking at me and opening the door of her office so we could get out unnoticed from the back again.

"You have no idea how much." I thought and smiled with myself.

"Let's go both with my car because the neighborhood where we are going now it's not of the ones with the white picket fence homes that you seen in the post cards." I said o her and opened the passenger door of my car. She got in reluctantly looking longly at her car.

"Just were exactly are we going if it isn't safe to be on the streets?" She asked looking at me trying to read my expression.

"Well let's say that struggling artists can't really afford to live in a five bedroom home with a pool in their backyard so we have to drive a little." I said while putting the key in the ignition and starting the car.

"Then let's hope you don't kidnap and murder me. I don't want you to throw me in one of those canals." Nikki smiled trying to make a joke.

"Don't worry baby. I would never kill you and throw your body away. I am just only kidnaping you." I smiled at her priceless face expression and drove away like the devil was in my heels.

"I hope you won't press charges." I winked at her.

A/N
Sorry if it's short. It's been a long week and I had an exam today in medicinal chemistry so I am exhausted but I wanted to upload something as my present for you guys on Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's :)
Vote and comment. I love reading your comments. Some of them make my day :-)