Chapter 8 ( unedited)

A/N

Pic of Jack. Hope you like my choice. If not just give me the names of who you want Jack to be. Sorry for the late update and Happy New Year.

Nicole POV

I was furious. How dare he think that I can sleep with people for money. What does he take me for. I wanted to prove him wrong and show him that I am not a gold digger. I can't believe him. He used to be so caring and loving with me and now he seems to hate me for no reason. I don't know what logical explanation his twisted mind came up with to reach in the conclusion that I was after his money. I never asked for anything from him when we were married. He bought me presents but I was always telling him that he didn't need to buy me everything. There was a line between something you want and something you need. The only time when I asked for money from him was when we divorced, and that was because I wanted him to pay for cheating on me with Jennifer. Even that time I gave those money to charity. Maybe he hit his head somewhere and this is why he is treating me bad. Yeah right, wishful thinking. Maybe I should hit him in the head so he can snap out of whatever trance he is. I laughed with myself

"And now ladies and gentlemen it's time to present you with Blackheart. Like many of us know Blackheart is not only known for donation millions of dollars to a worthy cause, but also for building schools and even hospitals in third world country. Without further ado let's give a round of applause for Blackheart, or how we really know her, yes it's a her not a him I can see your confused looks, as Nicole Hunter." Jeff Smith smiled warmly at me.

Now it's not time to think about Jack I said to myself. Think about the people you are helping and about your little angel at home. I took a deep breath, smoothed the imaginary wrinkles from my dress and walked confidently towards the podium.

"Hi everyone! I see that many of you are surprised that Blackheart its actually a woman and not a man. I don't know why it's so hard for people to believe that women can work as hard, and gain their own money with their work." I paused for effect and I saw that Jack was staring eyes wide open at me. Apparently he couldn't believe it was the stupid, childish, college dropout that was standing now in front of everyone.

"We are as capable as men to do whatever we put our mind into. If people in a developed country have difficulty in accepting us being able of achieving everything, I don't even want to think what men in third world countries think. I stand her proud of what I have achieved, but I am not the only one. I want to thank my dear friends for always having my back in hard time. We are her today all gathered to try to make a change. Let us help the less unfortunate instead of judging them, or worse blaming them for their condition. Not all of us are lucky to be born somewhere where we have the opportunity to be whoever we want to. There are people who still struggle for clean water and food. While I don't think we can change the world, I am pretty sure we can make it better. By providing free health care and giving them an education we are helping them more than we think. In the end I just wanted to let you know that all the profits that we gather tonight from my work will go 100% to charity." I smiled and gave a handshake to Jeff who congratulated me for my speech and my work.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, let the bidding wars begin. Let us help a good cause. Have fun and don't forget to spend your money." He said with his booming voice.

As soon as all the speeches finished I stepped down from the podium and I went to look for Mike. I saw him from the podium clapping and smiling at me. I really liked him but no matter how hard I tried it seemed I could never love him. At least not the way I loved Jack but maybe it's better this way. I could hear people talking how they were surprised that Blackheart was a woman. Some of them were happy while the others, especially single ladies were disappointed because they were hoping to go out with him.