T W E N T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

I waved my hand, dismissing his sentence. 

"I'm not mad at the fact that you want me to have your babies" I smirked when he went beet red "Or the fact that you want to have my babies." 

"Then what are you..."

"I'm mad with the fact that for eleven years, you made me question my sanity" I growled. 

His eyes widened. 

I punched him in the stomach. 

"You're little Phoenix" I punched him again "Ring any bells?" 

"Serenity..." he started but I growled at him, holding three fingers up. 

"Do you know how many therapists my parents had to take me to after I was found alone in the forest, rambling to myself?" I yelled "Three! Three different shrinks telling my parents three different conclusions! One of them even suggested medication for me! Do you know what it's like to feel like a crazy person? To have everyone in your life walking on eggshells around you all the time because they're worried about upsetting you?" 

I walked away, fuming at the memories, but also trying to keep my stupid tears at bay. 

While I was angry at Zephyr for leaving me the way that he did, I knew that I couldn't blame him for everything. 

In all honesty, I was a little bit angry with my family for not believing me. 

I felt Zephyr's presence behind me and I quickly wiped away my stupid tears. 

"If I was allowed to tell you back then," he said softly "Then I would have." 

"It doesn't matter" I muttered "What's done is done."

He turned me and ducked his head, trying to catch my gaze. 

When he finally caught it, his beautiful eyes soften. 

"It does matter" He kissed my knuckles gently "Because you are my little Phoenix. You've helped me, even after all these years, more than you can ever realize." 

I snorted. 

"It's true" he argued "Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I always think about that day. How you stayed with me for hours, not pressuring me to talk, and just comforting me while I broke down. You turned the worst day of my life into a day I will cherish for the rest of my life." 

I remained quiet and he pulled me into a hug. 

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner" he said from above my head "If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, than all you have to do is ask."