T W O

Serenity 

Our first stop before we left for the Annual Wolf Moon Memorial Ball was to visit my Uncle's gravesite. 

I linked arms with my brother as we walked to where our family's mausoleum stood on the Pack grounds, a few miles away from both the Pack house and our house. 

Up ahead, I saw my Aunt and Uncle along with my cousins coming out of the mausoleum, my Aunt sobbing into her husband's chest. 

 Both AJ and EJ  wore grim expressions as they tried to console their mother as best as they could. 

My father walked ahead of us, gathering his little sister in his arms and whispering soothing words to her. 

I grimaced, hating all the pain that my family was going through because of one power hungry group's mistake. 

I broke away from my brother "I'm going to go visit Uncle now" 

He nodded and made his way to the rest of the family. 

I took a huge breath before walking inside the huge Marble Mausoleum. 

I walked straight ahead, towards the very end of the mausoleum, where our most recent family members lay eternally sleeping. 

My heels were clacking against the marble floor and my heart was beating faster than it has ever been before. 

Why? 

I had no idea

I've done this multiple times before but somehow, tonight felt different. 

It felt like something was going to change in my life. 

Whether it good or bad, I really couldn't tell yet. 

All I know was that I think my Uncle was trying to warn me beyond the grave.  

"Hey Uncle Ethan" I touched his marker on the wall 

Ethan John Matthews 

Loving Son, Brother, and Friend 

Gone, but never Forgotten 

"So tonight is the annual Anniversary ball" I said quietly, talking to the marble Plaque "Tristan said that I should be on my best behavior this year since they're still trying to get the blood out of the carpets and drapes but I can't help it. Some of the Alpha's and their sons are just so arrogant that I want to either ring their neck till they turn blue or punch them in the face"