Chapter One

Dan's POV

The bus drove through the night, rain lashed against the windows. I shivered as a breeze came through one of the windows that was open for some bizarre reason.

Concentrating on the music playing through my earphones, I stared through the window into the pitch black. I can't believe I'm finally in London. After dropping out of law school I applied for a job at the BBC radio station as they needed new staff in January. In the meantime I have my youtube channel to keep me stable.

The bus pulled into a stop but I hardly noticed until a black haired man stepped on, dripping wet.
I glanced around, the bus was pretty full. Damn, he might sit next to me.
Not that I mind, it's just that I'm really awkward. As he bought his ticket his eyes flicked around and landed on the seat next to me. Crap.
As he walked down the aisle I turned my head away to look as antisocial as possible. But no such luck.

"Mind if I sit here?" A shy voice said next to me. I turned and saw the male looking hopefully at me with pale blue eyes.

"Sure," I replied reluctantly but tried not to let it show.

"Thanks," He smiled and sat down hurriedly, the poor guy was shivering. He didn't turn away, crap he was going to start a conversation.

"Hi, I'm Phil," he explained.

"I'm Dan," I quietly I wasn't normally this antisocial but when it's minus 50 and I want to get home I don't feel like talking, I'm more about conserving energy and not freezing to death.

I turned my music volume down as I'm pretty sure he could hear it.

"I love Muse," he smirked.
Yup, he could hear it.

"What's, um, your favourite album?" I asked trying not seem so awkward.

"Origin of Symmetry," he replied.

"Mine too."

"Oh, cool." He nodded then looked ahead.

"Yeah." I turned away too.

There was silence for a bit, I could tell that he wanted to carry on the conversation but has nothing to say, thank god.
Finally after the longest minute he spoke up again.

"Lovely, er, weather we're having isn't it."
I glanced at him, then at the window, then back at him.

"Okay, maybe that wasn't the smartest conversation starter," Phil laughed.
I involuntarily smirked.

"So, what are you doing tonight?"
I gave him a weird look.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"No, no of course not!" He blurted out. "I just didn't know what else to say.
I laughed and he blushed embarrassedly.

"I'm so awkward," he laughed too.

"So am I, don't worry about it," I reassured him and he smiled back.
The bus slowed down.

"This is my stop!" He picked up his rucksack. "See you around?"

"Sure," I grinned, doubting that I would see him again and felt kinda sad about it.
Staring out the window again, I wondered if we would actually meet again. I hoped so as he seemed nice, I mean he likes Muse.

I sighed and listened to my music and the faint sound of rain.