(5) New Allies

Y/n's POV

"That smells delicious" I heard Snotlout from behind. "I see you're cooking for us, quiet wife material aren't you?" I look over my shoulder then glared at him.

"Ugh. Whatever" I rolled my eyes. Soon the others arrived. "I made a lunch for you guys" I smiled while putting the fish steak on the table.

"Thank Thor we don't have to eat the twins' stinky fish." Astrid spoke as she sat at the table.

"Hey!" The twins excalimed at the same time as the others ate their food.

"This is really good, Y/n. Where'd you learn this recipe?" Fishlegs asked as he ate his food like there was an eating contest. I smiled before I spoke.

"I'm glad you like it. I usually experiment about different food until I come up with this." I gestured to the steak infront of us.

"Uh-uh-uh we didn't liked it." Tuffnut shook his head then everyone just stare at him in confusion. "Because we certainly loved it!" He continued to eat his food like a child. He made me slightly giggle.

"So, tell me again on how you met Viggo?" Astrid asked while looking at my direction. "Dervin said that you're both lost and travelled from different island until you landed here." I sigh, grateful that they seem to buy the lies that Dervin come up with.

"Yep that's right. We're lost and we don't have a home. We were separated from our family, the dragons attacked our village when we were just a kids. Our families fought them while we escaped." I look at them, their eyes seemed interested "we sailed far from our village. We don't know where to go until we stumble upon one island. That was where we found our dragon as a baby. We grew up together and live with them in a cave. Until we were old enough to explore then we came across with Viggo. We helped many dragons free from his grasp." I stated calmly and pretended like I was playing back the memories in my mind. However the last part was partially true 'cause we helped many dragons from Viggo and he's definitely not happy about that.

I saw Dervin smirk at the corner of my eyes. I glanced at the riders, they seemed to belive me as they all nodded at me. There was a moment of silence before Hiccup spoke.

"Do you still remember where you're from?" I glance at their plate to see that they already finished their food.

"Apparently, no. We were way too young to remember." Dervin replied.

We sat there doing nothing until I stood up to clean the dishes.

As everyone left the room, I heard Dervin chuckled. "Nice acting you got there." I looked at him as I finished doing the dishes.

"Sshh! They might hear you!" I whisper-shout at him.

"Okay, how can we stay here? I mean we don't have a hut. Where should we stay?" He asked me.

"I don't know. We'll come up with something later." I walked outside as I whistled for Lightstar.

Time skip

We were flying above the ocean, enjoying the view as the sunset gave us an orange, pink and violet color in the sky.

"It's nice to be free, Lightstar" I pet my dragon's head as we headed towards the clouds. I looked at my side and my wound was barely visible. Lightstar purred, looking at me. "It's okay, girl. I can barely feel it."

We landed on a cliff, I sat down on a grassy edge. The view was breath taking, you can clearly see the riders' huts and the ocean that shone brightly in sunset. I sigh as I look at Lightstar who was laying her head in my lap. She looked back at me with pleading eyes.