Chapter 1

**Abby's POV**

Today was my second day in Canada. My mom and I recently moved here to Stratford
City in Ontario because she got a job transfer here. She is a well known fashion designer's 'helper'. My mom did pretty much everything for the designer, Lulu. She gets last minute fabric, she sets up fashion shows and one time she even baby sat Lulu's kids.

Anyway Lulu decided to move to Canada and we got dragged along with becuase my mom gets paid a lot. I don't have a dad so my mom works for all of our money and we survive so it was worth the move.

It was Sunday today. We pretty much moved everything in yesterday. My room was bigger than my last one and I had my own bathroom, which I didn't really need since it was just my mom and I.

I decided to skate into town, which was around 10 blocks away but I needed the exersize.

I'm not used to the cold Canadian air so I didn't have any warm jackets. Comming from California I didn't really need any warm stuff.

I pulled on a sweatshirt and went to the garage to get my penny board. It was a black and purple 27 inch penny and it was the best thing I have ever bought in my life.

When I got to the sidewalk I started to push myself along with my foot. A few minutes later I was in town. As I came up to a coffee shop I decided to go in.

It look really hipster and I love that kind of stuff becuase im kind of a hipster myself.

As I push the door open, the smell of coffee hit me and it reminded me of a hangout my friend Sarah and I used to hang out in.

I made my way to the back to order a hot chocolate. When I got it, I sat down by the window to look out and the cars going by.

I popped in my earbuds and started listening to Knee Socks by Arctic Monkeys.

I then realized tommarrow was Monday. My first day of school in Canada. I was honestly really nervous. I'm really shy and I don't think I will make any friends. But I guess I don't need friends..

The door swung open and I saw a brown curly haired boy walk in with two blond boys. One of the blond boys was laughing at the other blond one. I realized that the brown haired boy saw me looking.

I quickly looked down at my hot chocolate mug hopping he wouldn't come over to me and ask why I was staring.

To my luck, they didn't. I looked back up when I heard them ordering.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the song that was playing. It was called Lastnight by The Strokes. I clicked the thumbs up button and stuffed it back into my pocket, but when I looked up, the three boys were sitting at the table I was at.

I don't know why but I felt scared. I'm not very good at socializing. I realized I still had my earbuds in. I took them out and just looked back and forth from boy to boy waiting for them to say something.

The brown haired boy finally spoke. "I like your sweatshirt."

I looked down and realized I had an Arctic Monkeys sweatahirt on. I looked up to see him smiling at me. "Thanks." I manage to get out. I smile just to look friendly.

"My names Owen Reynolds." He said as he put his hand out to shake. I giggled becuase I don't think anyone has ever shoke my hand before. It was weird but funny so I extended my hand out to reach his.

"I'm Sean Dolan." One of the blond boys said. "And that's Connor franke." He continue.

I looked at them and there was a pause. Oh my god! I am suposed to say my name now..

"I'm Abby." I say.

"Where did you move from?" Connor asked.

"Uh I just moved here from LA with my mom." Maybe if they go to the school I will be attending tommarrow I could maybe sit at their table at lunch so I don't have to sit alone. "How did you know I'm not from here?"

"The tan really gives it away." Connor says pointing out my dark skin. I looked at them and realized they were pretty pale. I hope I don't get pale, I like my tan.

"how you liking the cold?" Sean chuckled.

"It's way diffrent from were I came from." I felt a cold draft sweep over me as an old couple enter the building. I wrap my arms around myself to try and stay warm.

The guys kind of chuckle at me when I do it and Owen comments "You'll get used to the cold." He smiled and stood up and Sean and Connor followed his lead.

They walked to the door and before the opened it to leave Owen turned around and said "It was cool meeting you." He grins and they exit.

Well I think I just made 3 friends.