Santiago offered to buy me coffee but l declined. I was feeling too nervous and l couldn't handle a coffee mug . He slid a thin file across the table.

" l almost died for this,Senhorita," he said with a grin.

I reached for the file with trembling hands and withdrew at the last minute. I was scared to confront whatever that was in that file.

" l am really busy today. Just tell me what you got," l stuttered in a dry voice.

Santiago smirked again. What's with this guy and smirks!

" The guy was suspicious just as you expected. I can hit it big if l sell this to the media."

I swallowed in anger . He was now getting on my nerves.

" You do know that we agreed to keep this confidential, right?," l reminded him in a sharp voice.

He threw back his head and laughed.

"I was just Kidding. I am always loyal to my clients."

" Good. Then let's get this done with," l said impatiently.

A waiter placed a hamburger and a glass of chilled cola in front of him. I impatiently watched him as he sunk his teeth into the burger.

" Do you want me to order you some? ," he said between chewing.

I shook my head and checked my watch again. One hour and twenty minutes were left. I didn't want to be late and have Claudius question me . l was keeping this investigation thing a secret from everyone except Felicia.

Santiago leisurely sipped his coffee then said,

"Lucas Moretti bought a small hotel business six years ago in Italy. I still find it suspicious how he managed to groom a small business that was already sinking in debts into something as big and powerful as Moretti chain of hotels. I think he acquired funds from somewhere but l wasn't able to find out where."

I impatiently watched him took another bite.  How unprofessional of him! My time was already ticking away.

" l went to Italy. I knew a guy like Moretti would have a connection with night clubs. I asked about him around Venice's expensive night clubs. I met a guy who seemed to detest him a lot but he wouldn't spill out a thing. I had trouble getting him drunk and he ended up saying a lot of shit about Moretti. "

" What did he say? ," l asked nervously.

" The guy used to be a surgeon assistant at some fancy private hospital. Unfortunately he was fired by the surgeon and he hates his guts," his voice trailed off.

Santiago leaned forward and dropped his voice to a murmur.

" The surgeon is Moretti's friend and partner in crime. He helped Lucas get a plastic surgery six years ago and the guy l met at the club was the surgeon's assistant during that surgery."

I felt my breath being knocked out of me. My heart began thumping widely with the now familiar hatred . My hands were shaking so badly that l had to hid them under the table.

"I recorded him. I have already forward the audio to your email ."

I faintly heard his voice above the blood pumping into my head at an insane speed.

" Miss Jane!," Santiago called me whilst clicking his fingers in front of my face.

I blinked in confusion then realised that l had zoned out.

"Lucas has a fiance. Her name is Silvia Paula . She is an heiress to one of the biggest Advertising firm in the country. Her family also owns a fashion company in Paris. The two are getting married in an hour at St Peter's Cathedral."

My eyes widened at the last information.

" Once Moretti company join hands with Paula industries, Moretti will be one of the most powerful man in Brazil. I also had to drag the drunken guy back to his apartment to see Luca's surgery records. The doctor gave him the records to burn six years ago but he kept them for some unknown reason. Inside the file , there is a photo of Lucas's original face."

I quickly scanned the file in my trembling hands. I gasped out loud as Ferracco's unsmiling face stared back at me.

I quickly opened my bag and slapped a few dollars on the table. Santiago stared at me blankly. I had already paid him.

" Go into hiding for some days. They might be looking for you," l said nervously.

" l need a favour from you. Lend me your car for the next hour," l added in a trembling voice.

                                            ****

The small car raced down the tarred road like a tiny black beetle. My phone rang besides me. I saw Claudius's name flashing on the screen.

Damn! I had completely forgotten about him. I swiped the green icon to answer the call.

"Jane! I have been waiting for you for like an hour now. Where are you?"

His worried voice came through.

"I am really sorry , Claudius. I can't go on that vacation with you. Something important came up. I promise l will explain when l get back."

"But Jane...."

I hung up on him. There was no time for explanations. I was going to sabotage Ferracco's wedding. I wasn't going to sit back and watch him join hands with the most ruthless and powerful businessman in Brazil.

If that happens, he was going to be nearly impossible to take down. My phone rang again. It was Lola this time. I ignored it and continued driving. A message from her popped up.

" Why are you ignoring my calls? Where are you? Everyone at home is freaking worried about you."

I pressed my foot on the gas pedal and the car went flying down the road.

A/N: Until next time lovelies.