The Airborne Desserts

Adrien was super nervous on the way to Kagami's house. He had never broken up with anyone before. Hopefully she wouldn't be too upset. They had only been dating for a few months, and they didn't even spend that much time together. Besides fencing and band practice, they would see each other maybe once or twice a week. He sighed as his bodyguard pulled up to her house.

"I won't be long," he told Gorilla, getting out of the car. He went to the gate and rang the doorbell. After a minute the gate buzzed open and he walked up to the front door. Kagami opened it.

"Adrien," she said with a big smile. "I didn't know you were coming over today."

"Hi Kagami," he said. "I came by to talk to you about something."

"Of course, come on in," she said, stepping aside to let him enter.

He stepped inside and turned around to face her. "Look, Kagami..." he said hesitantly. "You're a really great girl and I really like hanging out with you..." He paused for a second. The smile was fading from her lips. He felt horrible, but he couldn't stop now. "But I think that maybe it's best if we broke up."

Kagami didn't say anything. Adrien could see tears coming to her eyes. He continued talking. "This is nothing against you, you're great. It's just that I... I'm..."

"You're in love with someone else," she said for him.

He nodded slightly.

Kagami looked away, trying to keep the tears in her eyes from falling. She remained silent for a moment before looking back at him. "I understand," she said.

Adrien stared at her. Was that it? "Are... are you going to be okay?" he asked.

"I'll be fine. I mean, I'm obviously not happy about this but I guess that's life. Sometimes things don't work out."

"I'm really sorry Kagami," he said slowly.

"Me too," she said, looking away again.

"If it's okay, I'm going to go now."

She nodded. "Goodbye Adrien," she said, opening the door for him.

"Bye Kagami," he replied before leaving. She shut the door behind him.

Adrien got back in his car and breathed a sigh of relief. That had sucked, but she had taken the news surprisingly well. He hated hurting her like that but it had to be done. They weren't right for each other, he had always felt that. And now he knew why. Because he was meant to be with Marinette.

************************************

Now Adrien had to get the word out that he and Kagami broke up. The sooner everyone knew, the sooner he could ask Marinette out. Luckily the perfect opportunity presented itself that evening before he went to visit her.

He received a text from Nino asking about their homework.

Nino: Hey, what did you get for #9 on the physics homework? I don't understand this stuff at all dude.

Adrien: I haven't even started it yet. I just got home from Kagami's. We broke up.

Nino: No way!! I'm sorry man.

Adrien: Thanks Nino. I'll see you at school tomorrow.

Well, that took care of that. Adrien waited a little while longer, then transformed and left for Marinette's.

She was standing at the railing of her balcony when he arrived. She reached up to sweep the bangs out of her eyes as she turned around to see him. Everything that had happened that day was worth it to see her standing there.

"Hey," she said cheerfully, walking towards him. "I thought we could hang out here. It's so beautiful tonight."

He nodded. "Beautiful," he agreed, but he wasn't commenting about the weather.

"I made some meringue kisses."

"Kisses?" Chat Noir asked. He couldn't believe the coincidence.

"Yeah," she replied. "Like small pieces of meringue. You don't like them?"

"No, no, no it's not that. I definitely like kiss... I mean, meringue," he insisted.

"Well help yourself," Marinette said, placing the plates of treats on the floor and sitting down against the railing.

Chat Noir sat against the railing across from her so the plate was in between them. He grabbed a couple of pieces. "So how was your day today?" he asked.

"Oh it was fine," she replied. "What about yours?"

"It was fine. So... um, nothing unusual happened today?" he asked again.

"No, nothing. Just a normal day."

"Oh," he said, disappointed. He was hoping that she had already heard about the break up. "How was the catering event last night with your parents?"

"It was really great! And I didn't even drop any trays this time," she said with a smile.

Chat Noir chuckled. "You should be very proud of yourself." He tossed a meringue kiss into the air and caught it in his mouth. "Wow, these are tasty." He tossed another one up and caught it.

"You're really good at that," Marinette said, laughing. "Does the suit give you better hand-eye... I mean, mouth-eye coordination?"

"It does, but this happens to be one of my own hidden talents," he told her. He tossed another and caught it. "Try it, it's easy."

"Okay, I'll try. But don't laugh at me when I miss!" She tossed one up and tried to catch it in her mouth, but instead it bounced off her cheek. "See! I told you!"

Chat Noir chuckled again. "That was super close though. You just need to practice more."

She tossed another one. It hit her nose. "I'm a lost cause," she joked, rubbing the spot where it hit her.

"Oh come on, Princess. You're not even trying!" he teased.

Marinette gasped like she was offended. "I am trying!" She picked up a meringue kiss and threw it at him. He caught it in his mouth and grinned at her. "Show off," she muttered.

He laughed again. "Come on, keep practicing. Here, I'll help you." He picked one up and tossed it towards her.

She tried to catch it but it hit her other cheek. "I'm never going to get this," she groaned. She tossed one to him. He tossed one back, which hit her top lip. "Almost!" she said excitedly.

They kept taking turns. Chat Noir caught every single one that was thrown his way. After a minute Marinette finally caught one. "I did it!" she exclaimed.

"Way to go Princess. I knew you had it in you!" They kept taking turns until there were only two pieces left. "Ready for the bonus round?" he asked. "Let's try it at the same time."

She nodded. "On three. One... two... three!" They both tossed their piece towards the other. And they both caught them. Marinette raised her arms in victory. "We're awesome," she said.

Chat Noir smiled at her. "Yeah, we are."