MLFY Chapter 9.

The door bell rings as I pull my last bag into the living room. He's already here.

I answer the door and move aside. Roderick enters with two men behind his trail. He didn't tell me he was bringing the cops.

"These are not cops." He said after reading my thought.
"They are my guards and they will be taking your bags to the car" he said.

His men pick up my bags with no difficulty. They had two bags each in their large arms. They leave my apartment and I return my focus to Roderick.

He was wearing a black hat, brown check waist-coast, white dress shirt, black trouser and a black rain jacket to cover it all.

I noticed a kind of staff in his hand, Long as an umbrella. He twirled it in his hand occasionally. Do all vampire king carry this thing.

He clears his throat and I face him.

The air was tense and thick of unspoken conversation. I just remembered he was in my apartment. My bad. I turn around and walk to my small kitchen.

"What will you like to drink or eat?" I ask turning on the coffee maker.

"Coffee is fine." He sits on the sofa and relaxed. A bit.

"Would you like it with cream and sugar?"

"Yes cream and sugar"

I wrinkle my nose at his reply. His short sentence is getting on my nerves. I mix the cream and sugar into the coffee.

I turn around- the mug almost dropped from my hand. He was standing almost too close to me. He smirks and stretched his hand to take the mug from me. He creates space between us then take a sip from the cup. I hear him groan, then he finishes the coffee in one drink.

He takes the cup to sink and wash it with running water. When he was done, he cleaned his hands with a wash cloth and turns to me. His face was blank of all emotion.

"Wa-as did I do something wrong? Was the coffee bad?" I wince trying not to get myself killed.

"No" he shrug his jacket out from his body

"the coffee was great, the same way I liked it." He drops the jacket on the kitchen counter and take long strides to me.

"Just the way I liked it" His forefinger trace my chin to my neck.

I shiver at proximity, I take a step back and look at him through my lashes. He tilts his head to the side and studies me for a moment. Then he asks.

"Are you scared of me?"

I wasn't scared of him. I feel a different thing towards him now. I like him. And I want to be close to him, but not yet. I put on a challenging demur.

"No I'm not, I'm only taking precautions"

"Precautions from me?" He huff and look away, turning his eyes to me again "Tell me you don't like me.....tell me you don't want me. Amelia"

I melted at the name. I can't even control myself, he came closer to me and wrap his arms around my waist. His forehead pressing onto mine. And our eyes remain locked, saying unspoken words to each other.

I really want him, there's a connection here. A tear slip from my eyes, he catches it with his lips on my face. I heave out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and hug him tighter. I don't want to ever let go.

"Yes Roderick, I need you" I reply into his chest. He loosen his grip on me and looks at my face closely.

"Are you sure?"