II

⠀❛T H E ⠀⠀M U S I N G❜
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀                       

❛𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐.❜
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ─ 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒈

To presume that summers back in the day were drastically dissimilar to summers now would be unreasonable

Summer bloomed like a delicate yellow chrysanthemum --- verdant valleys and beguiling begonias graced the cornflower blue sky, a masterpiece of nature. The trees danced merrily with the wind and pollen, as if a bearer of summer soulfulness, drifted into faraway lands of fantasy and the human hearts alike, sowing seems of love.

“Summertime is always the best of what might be.” 

The best of the best, even Monet with his finest strokes couldn't do justice, could he? Or so Kim Taehyung would tell himself whenever he glanced at the blank canvas which had been laying idle for months. An uninspired artist's mind is like a greenhouse. Numerous ideas kept filtering in but he was unable to execute them.

Deep inside his subconscious mind, Taehyung could perceive the reasons as to why his mind went hazy whenever he touched the brush but in reality he dismissed the reasons.
A sigh escaped his lips and he pushed away those thoughts.
Maybe, just maybe, the best time was yet to come.

*

The leaves of the trees rustled in the wind as Kim Taehyung and his best mate Jeon Jeongguk savored kimbap at an outdoor restaurant. Taehyung wasn't fond of spicy food at such an ungodly hour but Jeongguk was adamant. Taehyung poked his kimbap with his chopstick, not quite keen on eating while Jeongguk devoured the meal as if he was starving for a lifetime.

"Don't you feel hot in those?" Taehyung gestured towards Jeongguk's clothes  with his chopsticks. The said male had opted for black jacket and layered chains even in the heat.

"It's my a-esthe-tic." Jeongguk replied with his mouth full. Sure it was. Taehyung wondered what his aesthetic would be. Wasn't it shameful to be a seeker of art yet not knowing his own aesthetic?

"So, any progress with that?" Jeongguk questioned as he pop another piece of kimbap in his mouth.

"Not yet."

The younger male sympathized with his friend. He knew his friend was trying to avoid the conversation again. Jeongguk exhaled audibly and went on, "Listen, I know you must be really stressed... "

But Kim Taehyung wasn't listening, for something unusual had caught his sight. A vintage porsche, which was highly uncommon in that part of Seoul, had pulled up unexpectedly. If Taehyung thought the vintage car was intriguing, the woman who stepped out of the car intrigued his senses more. With a beige silk scarf tied around her head and shades covering most of her face, this lady, befitted in a light fawn Jackie Kennedy style suit, was nothing like any Seoul woman he had ever seen.

Taehyung peered but failed to see her face as she had already turned around and hurriedly made a beeline towards the florist's shop on the other side of the busy street. Shifting his gaze back to the car, the male witnessed another man with unusually broad shoulders , draped in a mackintosh coat, stepping out and hastily following the woman.

Unfortunately for Taehyung, that wasn't the end of this interesting scenario. A few moments later yet another lady, wobbly on her feet, exited the vehicle. Eyes filled with curiosity, the male watched her closely while she struggled to balance herself on her two feet. Her cinnamon crown hair flew wildly with the wind and her heels collided against the concrete of the road as she stumbled mindlessly towards the busy street, the racing vehicles...

"Oh no, oh no.. " Taehyung felt the rush of adrenaline through his veins as he surged towards the road without thinking, lunging himself to engulf the female and dragged her back to the pavement. The intensity of the second made his heart pulsate fast while she drooled on his favorite Van Gogh's "Starry Night" printed shirt.

"STOP THIS CHILDISH BEHAVIOR ON THE ROAD, IDIOTS !!" someone bellowed from a passing car.

Taehyung could feel his heartbeat - every single pound drumming in his chest when the ethereal wisp of beauty in the beige scarf snatched the drooling woman away from his arms.

"Oh Jesus, are you okay? What the hell, Seokjin, you could've gotten her killed! I told you not to follow me!" her face and voice laced with an unique mix of worry and irritation made her sound just as fascinating. The red ears of the so called Seokjin suggested he was probably embarrassed of his actions, or so Taehyung observed.

"Thank you, sir.. " the ruby lipped lady turned to him with a grateful smile and explained ".. she is not drunk on alcohol. She is in a delicate condition, we are on our way from the hospital. The medication intoxicated her."

The curly haired male nodded politely.

A small smile settled on her face.
"I'll owe you one " were the last words she uttered to him before driving away into the dusts, the mists of the faraway land she came from.

"Oh that woman," Jeongguk's voice emerged out of nowhere, "she was at our art exhibition the other day. She was really interested in your painting of the canary."

"She was?" Taehyung asked, astonished.

"Yeah, she was making all sorts of analogies and... "

Kim Taehyung's mind wandered off again into a surfeit of ideas - enthusiastic blends of pastels peeked from everywhere. Voila! Maybe his best time had finally arrived.

*

The stars and the moon are the long lost friends of lonely nights. When the world drifts off to the city of dreams, those millions of gems become silent companions and confidants of those lonesome souls who fail to escape harshness of reality.

That humid June night, the celestial beings could've sworn they witnessed Kim Taehyung paint. He sat near his window sill, embellishing his canvas with blends of verdants and auburn hues, pinks and violets, trying to capture of the beauty of the moment - the enigma of the lady in the beige scarf.

For a brief, fleeting moment he looked up at the majestic moon and wondered if he would ever meet the enigmatic enchantress again? For her aura had mused him to paint again after months of uninspired, futile attempts.

Unbeknownst to the male, the moon smiled upon him--- him and Astrid James Park, the woman occupying his painting and his mind,  as she preached to the moon about her dreams. Little did they know, the queen of the night sky had her own secrets  in store for them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘

Nothing delights  me   more
than people genuinely
liking  my  writing.  I  really
love you guys :)
Do you think I should
make the chapters shorter?