" jeez, seems like a lot....you're 17 right?"

" yeah...but I turn 18 in July. My mom wants me to attend high school since it's my last year. But I don't even think I can risk that. Her income alone can't hold my 2 siblings plus me. And it wouldn't work if I went part time either....what year are going into?"

" I'm an upcoming senior too. I turn 18 in February."

" you damn near look 26 man. You got the long hair along with the facial....you looking like a whole professional lifeguard.." he says, making me laugh.

" Thats what I actually wanna do; being a lifeguard as a job. That's what I was practically my whole life in Maui. I didn't have to take any classes or anything....it was kind of like my birth right."

" to be a lifeguard for the beach down here won't take too long....especially if you know what you're doing. I know someone who runs the classes, and I can hook you up bro. Just let me know when you want to...." he says.

" thanks man...thanks a lot."

" anything for a fri—Aye....there's a mob coming in people! Let's get ready!" Tracy yells out to everyone. I look over, seeing the huge groups of people coming straight inside of here.

This evening was gonna be a whole lot of productive.

___________________________________

~Imani~

" Alright, tell me who this looks girl. Is it too tight? Too loose? If it's tight, then I can work with it, but tell me if it's too loos—"

" It's looks fine to me Sasha. We gotta get going girl! I gotta be home by 11..."

" girl, I don't see why you even have a curfew...if I lived with my grandmother and a sibling, I come in whatever the hell I wanted to..."

" Yeah, living on this side of town. You can get by with doing all that. I can't...you know where I stay. And you know my brother....he's crazy."

"Ugh, don't you wish you just could come and stay with me sometimes? Like the world would be a much better place if the dynamic duo lived together! We already go to school together!" Sasha says, making me laugh. We leave from her room, heading to the car.

Sasha has been my friend every since middle school. Since she lived on the rather safe side of town in Long Beach, I always worried and expected her to go to private school like most would if they lived where she did. She did end up leaving me, but she surprised me when she decided to come my high school during junior year. I was always grateful to be able to have her as my friend. She brought my goofy and sometimes critical side out, but I loved her for that.