2.

May 16th, Friday
~Kai~

Pier 82 was getting packed and more packed by the days. Mike said it was because people are just now getting out of school, and I believe him. Usually, there's been middle aged or young adults popping in here from time to time, but now there's a bunch of teens ravishing through here. My duty on cleaning up and serving has gotten heavier by the day. I honestly liked when it wasn't as busy, because it gave me the time to go out by the shore side and chill by myself. Some people would come up to me, thinking I'm a lifeguard or something. That's my plan eventually though.

I was currently playing pool with my co worker named Tracy. It was his turn to go, so I looked up and watched some TV. However out the corner of my eye, I seen a mildly large group of people coming inside of here. I warned Mike and the others.

" Yo Mike!! What's happening in here? I thought it was gonna be packed in here bruh!"

" Aye, just give it a little more time...by 6 o'clock, this place will be full. You know today's the last day of school for all them kids in Long Beach District."

" well, good thing we go to a private man.." the guy says. I notice Mike walking over to me, and I continue to play pool as it was my turn.

" Jacoby, this is my cuzzo Kai.....he's from Hawaii, and just moved here a couple weeks back...."

" Hawaii? I could kind of tell with how much hair he's got on his head....plus the tat..." he says. I shake his hand, continuing to play pool.

"Kai, I'm gonna kick it with my homies for a little while. You think you can handle my job as cashier for awhile I'm gone?"

" yeah..no doubt." I say with a small smile. He nods and I watch as he heads out the door with his friends.

" you might as well get ready to take over his job. Any time he says that, he's out for the longest..." Tracy says, putting the pool stick down.

He was sort of the only other person aside from Mike that I spoke to. I don't know what it was, but I guess my social skills just weren't up to par or something around here. Every time I tried to start conversation with anyone here, it just got dry.

" does he always do that?" I ask, picking up the broom and sweeping to make myself look busy.

" for the most part, yeah. Technically, this is his part time job. But he comes in here and gets paid like it's full time job..." Tracy jokes.

" so, you must going to a private school to, huh?"

" actually, I'm homeschooled—kind of. You see, private is too expensive for any of family to pay for. And public school would interfere with my other job that I have.."

" you work two jobs?"

" yeah. I have no choice but to help my mom with rent and bills. And with this home school thing, I just pay someone to do it for me. It's better doing that way so I can get more money from working..."