Chapter 3

Stefan winced as he felt something touch his nose. His eyes slowly fluttered open to see what the annoying object was. "Morning" Elena grinned, dropping the small twig that she had been poking him with the past five minutes to wake him. She moved closer to him, touching her nose to his before kissing him. "Last night?" she whispered. "You really know how to make a girl feel loved" she whispered again before kissing him.

Stefan groaned, loving the way she was making him feel. Damn. He was one lucky guy. "Mmmm ... say more things like that" he told her, reaching his arms up and securing them around her.

Elena laughed sleepily before kissing his chin. "I would love nothing more than to enlighten you on what you do to me, Mr. Salvatore" she grinned. "But, we need to get up and get showered, seeing as how we have to go back home today" she reminded.

Stefan sighed. "I don't want to go back home" he said, letting his hands trail down her naked back. "You don't get naked that often at home anymore" he whispered, resting his lips against her hair, inhaling the green apple scent.

This made her frown. Though, it was true. "I don't want to be one of those married couples who never have sex" she said, lifting her head up to look at him anxiously.

Stefan smiled. "Me either" he said. "I just miss you" he added, kissing her forehead.

Elena smiled as an idea popped into her head. "Let's spend the weekends together, just you and me" she proposed. "We don't even have to go anywhere. We can ... stay in bed all weekend or watch movies" she said, leaning down and kissing him slowly.

"I like that" he told her. "But" he said, placing his finger against her lips to keep her from kissing him again. "I want us to both be in bed by 9:00 on the weekdays" he said, adding his own terms. "To ensure I get my Elena-loving time in" he added, a sly grin forming.

"Elena-loving time?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He nodded. "Oh Stefan" she said, drumming her fingers on his chest. "So needy" she added.

"When I'm married to someone who looks as amazing as you do, can you blame me?" he asked. Elena blushed and hid her face. "You know, the appropriate response would be to say something like that about me" he added.

"Yes, I am married to a sex God" Elena mumbled, slightly embarrassed. She lifted her head up and saw him grinning at her. His hands stilled, resting on her waist. "We have to get up" she said, determined to derail whatever plans he had for them in that tent.

"No" he said, his eyes dancing with humor.

"No?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"That's right, no" he said, tightening his hold on her. "We've got this campsite until 6:00 PM and I intend to get my money's worth" he added, his fingers softly skimming her sides when he realized that she really wasn't trying too hard to get away.

Elena frowned. "You told me about all the fun things we were going to do. Hiking, taking a boat out on the lake. I wanted to do all of that" she said, her disappointment evident.

How was he supposed to argue when she gave him that "pouty, I'm not happy" look? He hated that look. Lily did it too. "Alright, alright" he said. Her eyes lit up and she jumped away from him, grabbing her neatly folded yoga pants and tank top that she had never gotten around to putting on the night before.

"Are you going to shower?" she asked, digging through her bag for her shower supplies and a towel.

"Yeah" he sighed. Elena tossed his shorts and t-shirt at him. He slipped them on and then watched Elena move around the tent, getting everything together that she needed. He smiled. "How did I get so lucky?" he asked himself.